accident got worse!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff850

Reaction score
You probably have seen my thread looking for a tire because I smoked a tree stump. After looking at it some more my frame is bent in the front. If you look at the bike in the front you can tell the front end is pushed over a bout two inches. Has this happened to anybody else? How did you straighten it back out? Pics will be forthcoming!

If you bend it back it will still be weak from the previous crash, If you do bend it back look into a gusset kit, but It might even be cheaper to get a front frame.

I was thinking about just leaving it for right now but Ill wait to see how it rides when i get the rim put on this week. My neighboor builds towers for boats so he has the welders and everything so maybe we could build some supports or sleeve over were it bent after we straighten it back out. any more opinions? where can you get a gusset kit from for a raptor 350?

rap4.jpg

rap2.jpg

rap3.jpg

rap1.jpg

no thats is normal or it must just be a week spot for raptor frames because i noticed mine when i had it up on the engine lift when i was making my skids... but i dont think it is as bad as that

THATS NOT NORMAL

The paint is off in that spot because the frame has been stressed in that spot.

You have to bend it out and strengthen it or replace the whole thing...

Take all your plastic off and look for missing paint aynwhere on the frame, anywhere paint is missing its been stressed so reinforce it there.

Gusset top and sides, if its stressed anywhere else, get steel tubing and cut it in 1/2 and weld it over the tubes in the frame.

that is deffinatly not normal, yes it is a weak spot and a poor design on yamahas part.....stand it up on the grab bar and take a pic of it like that.....mclarinkid69 had the same problem with his 160......yeah that is not good at all, i would rebuild that whole front piece right there and gusset the crap out of the whole bike while you are at it

Gusset top and sides, if its stressed anywhere else, get steel tubing and cut it in 1/2 and weld it over the tubes in the frame.
This Idea sounds best, and maybe even the cheapest, Bend the frame back into place, and like warriorspeed said I would gusset the entire frame while it is stripped down.

From the last pic, you can tell that the RF Tire is sitting back more than the LF.

From the first and second pic's you can tell that it isn't bending but more like an explode in the bar which is the bar trying to roll back inside the exploding part (front of your frame is tring to go toward's the back). It usally happen's when a bar is heated for them to bend, bubble up like your's or even break (welding will do it too).

I'd go to a welding shop and see if they can replace that bar or use a frame straightener and reinforce it.

You could probably do what the other guys said, but getting a frame involves just moving everything, and you'll have a strait frame. Just my opinion, thats what I would do, replace the frame.

If yamaha would learn how design and build a frame properly this wouldn't happen so often. My first frame was totally fucked, i got a factory replacement, and after my 3rd gear pinned crash into a ditch, it's ever so slightly tweaked in the front. I don't know about the newer yamahas, but the YFM frame is really built like ****. The tubing is too thin, there's little spotted booger welds everywhere instead of a good bead, and it's not gusseted at all in some of the stress points, like at the lower rear a-arm mounts, which is where mine is now bent. Mine is so slight that you have to get out the tape measure and look closely to notice it, but it shouldn't have happened at all. The best bet is probably to get a replacement frame, and get some gusset plates welded in before you put the thing back together. That's something that yamaha should have done themselves to begin with.

Replace the frame, it will never be as strong as it was. With the cost of hospitalization its not worth risking a sudden unexpected movement or failure of the frame. It will never br right. Good luck either way.

Thanks guys! For now I think i may try to bend it back and strengthen it since my neighboor has about 300,000 dollars in tools. they build boat towers for a living so he said he could probably do something.

unless you like eating your food through a straw, get a frame . id look on e-bay they probably have one

Ive looked and cant find one. I havent called the dealership yet but god knows how much that **** will run. For a front rim they wanted over 220 dollars.

A new frame will be 700+

You can bend it back and make it even stronger than before with gussets.

If i would have had the materials and welders you can bet your ass i would have fixed my frame when i bent it and it was way worse than that.

Ok blame it on yamaha because they didnt design the frame for f ing crash course racing!!! Slow down or learn how to ride and stop crashing the f ing thing maybe your frames will not bend. They built it to roll on the wheels and jump and land ...on the wheels not cartwheel it down a mountain !!!!!

Back