Accelerator Pump Question...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddywarrior

Reaction score
So i was just wandering how important the crappy accel pump is on the warrior carb? could it be tuned to run without it possibly?

dunno about tuning it out, but you can do the pump spring mod to improve throttle response.

oh yea ive done that already the stock spring is a POS, i also wandered what would happen if i bent the metal arm that slides on the bottom shaft so that theres no space between the metal arm and plastic piece that pushes the accel rod...that way theres no delay and as soon as you apply the throttle its working...idno

just replaced the spring with one out of "clicker" pen. or self wind the existing spring tighter. itll make a noticeable difference

You still need the intinal shot of gas to get the acc to properly work. Check to see that the seal isnt catching it up as well. Even with the pen spring, you can still get caught up on the bowl seal.

Whats ur issues? Not getting enough acceleration? Perhaps you have a gearing or other carb issues.

no issues except me having to many mods into this antique....lol im just playing around with the accelerator pump crap...the boot is fine and i have a good spring i just was wandering about a few things with it like what would happen if you bent the arm that pushes up on the plastic rod that pushes down on the accel rod to where the accel pump worked sooner then stock, instead of having a delay...its kinda hard to explain.

I know what you mean. Give it a try but I'm sure they put that gap between the rod and lever for a reason.

yea thats what i was thinking but it still makes you wonder....i went ahead and did it so lets see what happens i need to try and dial the carb in a little if i can make it to my riding spot this weekend i know its way off now, its starts easy but has hesitation, occasional high idle and smokes...the carb is complete crap but hopefully i can get it to work reasonable, ill let you all know how the accel pump thing works out i got a second part so if the bent one turns out to be a bad idea then no sweat.

Sorry to dig up old stuff, but how did you ever make out on this warrior357? Did it help after you bent it? Thanks

Last edited:
can anyone take a picture of the rubber cap on the accelerator plunger? Yamaha says its a cap but i have my plunger sort of going through it. It's acting more as a flexible seal than a cap.

Plunger stuck?

I took my carb off and could not find anything out of place. The accelerator pump plunger seem to stick and first I thought its the rubber that prevented it from moving, so I compressed it so it fits under a notch in the plunger. The shaft is slightly thinner where it goes into the carb. Somehow it gets stuck in the down position and I'm not sure if it has been tampered with or maybe just dirty. I kow people tampered withthe jets and found a bigger spring in the carb at another location. The origional spring is still pushing the plunger. Could just be dirt.

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDqFde23E0

Bike is in for a tuneup as it had no power at mid to top end, just bogs down when you open the throttle. I need to know if I can fit another carb as an upgrade. An origional is about NZ$800+.

My plunger was seized also. I wrapped the part that touches the plastic slider in a rag and pulled it out with pliers. After that i cleaned the hole it goes into real good and slid the plunger in and out (lol) a bunch of times until it felt as if it moved smoothly. haven't had any problems with it getting stuck since.

can you move it with your hand or is it stuck? I'd try changing the spring from a clicker oen if you can muve it with your hand and clean it out

heres a pic

Latest posts

Back