Acceleration Problem!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOX4LIFE

Reaction score
After running for a bit, My warrior starts to have problems accelerating? in all gears it does the same thing. Anyone know what could be wrong? Maybe carb problems just don't know.

Last edited:
Is it an issue with the motor bogging out/not revving or an issue where the motor runs good but the power isn't being put to the ground?

Boggs out and dies. Just after warm up. Like the motor isn't getting enough fuel to accelerate.

Do you have any aftermarket or performance parts on your warrior? When is the last time you cleaned the carb?

No performance parts it's a stock 94. I just got the warrior so haven't cleaned the carb and don't know when it was done last.

I would recommend getting the carb cleaned first then and see how it runs after that.

Could u explain the proper way to do that? I have done a v8 carb, on a 1978 blazer but never a 4 wheeler.

You're going to want to get a rebuild kit for the carb and some carb cleaner/soak. The best advice I can give you is to go on youtube and look up atv carb rebuilds. There's a bunch of videos of warrior carb rebuilds along with other atv carbs. Also, you could pick up a Clymer Service Manual for the warrior, as it has an exploded view of the carb that is helpful for dissambly and reassembly. If you've done a v8 carb, you shouldn't have any issues with a warrior carb.

Mine is doing a similar thing. When mine does it, it is intermittent and is on and off with doing it. it acts like it will not rev to high rpms when it is doing so.

I'm having a similar problem. My 88 idles fine (a little high due to a recent carb rebuild that I have not fully tweaked yet), at low speeds it actually runs very good, better than it did before the carb rebuild. Once I start accelerating I get sputtering and backfires. It does not stall just becomes sluggish and I slow down. I used a Shindy rebuild kit - it was like $23 on ebay. It does not come with directions though and I had at least 1 extra thicker oring but honestly, after the first time cleaning a warrior carb (little experience cleaning any carb), it fired right up. There was a decent video on Youtube about cleaning carbs - I searched warrior 350 carb kit.

Latest posts

Back