? about my intake and pics of yours

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The98warrior

Reaction score
just wantin to see yalls set ups, searched to see if there was a thread on this already and didnt see one and iv been courious, but my question about mine is my filter just sets in there. seems like it can easily come out of place which i have lifted the seat and it wasnt completly on there right. but i think when i bought the bike the filter had a gasket but was to ****. is that the only im missing?

2lw4zra.jpg

so i need to get the stock lid. i just order a outerwears for this filter so im assuming im not gunna be able to use till i get it in there soild. do you have links to the clamp that yall are runnin?

You can cut the lid so there is all most no lid but you need the part that holds the filter in

Im not sure how well you can see it, but there is a little billet adapter plate that you put in the airbox so that you can run no lid. This is on a Raptor 350, but they make them for the Warrior.

IMG_0978.jpg

is there anyway to buy just the adapter? i really dont want to drop 100 bucks on a filter kit right now when i just got the outerwears for my k&n but will if i have to.

Ya I saw that in ur thread. Im just trying to get mine as water proof as I can cuz ill be in mud from time to time.

I run an UNI two stage foam filter, wrapped in a size QQ (QQ is the womens' equal to mens XXL) knee high panty hose. It is an old trick to use them. It takes some patience to get it into position and have the foam sit correctly, but works very well. There isn't any oil on the panty hose.

I guess that you could call it "The Original PreFilter." :haha:

The oil on the filter is NoToil, and I use NoToil grease to grease up the box to filter joint. It runs with the factory box and lid, but the water drain tube is missing.

-Rhyno

Last edited:
I got the adapter by itself off ebay for 7 bucks + shipping. Its plastic but whats it matter??

You can make a plastic adaptor from the stock filter cage. It doesnt look like your k&n has that though. Im not telling you it would work but at advanced auto they sell an adaptor for a mass airflow sensor on a car. Here is one on summit:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-8148

Im pretty sure this would work just the same as any of the overpriced adaptors they sell. You make have to do some trimming. Then all you need is a clamp on filter. You can get a uni for like 20 bucks or a k&n for 30 or so.

Grand total under 40 bucks

Ya I threw away my stock airbox Tubing on my truck thats been in the garage forever and saw the adapter I had one my filter and gave me an idea about that.

Latest posts

Back