?? about clicker spring mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkster0001

Reaction score
FIgured id do this and see what difference it makes, but the spring that you replace comes from the accellerator pump which is teh little plunger here right?
SANY0002.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

and do you have to remove the whole throttle assembly to upll it apart or do you do it from the bowl? and which spring do you think would be best for the job? what are you looking for in the spring vs the stock one?
SANY0640.jpg

alright thanks, il get at that in the morn. and this is supposed to fix any low end hesitation?? i havent really noticed anything too bad on mine with that but ill see after i get er done

you know I can't quite remember but I'm thinking that you should have more rubber on that acell rod where it goes through the side case into the bowl. But it's been a while since I had mine apart

yes theirs suppose to be more rubber on their have mine apart now

the spring goes into the bowl end. Id ues the middle spring, just pull it out a bit more.

make the spring the same length as the stocker.. its the stronger rebound rate of the new sping that will show results over the old spring..

yeah a cant remember which one i used, think it was the farthest left one, was perfect length and size, didnt really do too much differnt

make the spring the same length as the stocker.. its the stronger rebound rate of the new sping that will show results over the old spring..

One I used is a tad bit longer, would that make a difference? I guess I could cut it off some to make the same length.

just make sure that when you put it on the plunger theres a piece that juts out too hold the spring, make sure it can fully compress in that piece

a tad wont effect much...

By tad I think its about 1/8 to 1/4 inch don't member when I put it in. The plunger still works and will compress the spring, I can by hand or finger compress the plunger further than what the linkage will move it, the linkage only moves the plunger maybe a 1/4 inch but squirts a good stream of gas so I should be ok.

Now doin all this is supost to help bottom end!my question is do I have to find a stiffer spring like the same size just a bit!!or can u strech the spring but that's probly not good is it I'm new to this bike an any upgrades would be cool!!

it needs to be same legnth or a tad longer to begin with streching it won't help you any and yes it willl probably burn more fuel but with more power you must burn more fuel

Ok guys cool I will check it out it does work good for bottom end but more would be sweet!!

Does anyone have proof that this will be a upgrade just don't want to waste time if it don't do much thanks guys:)

Does anyone have proof that this will be a upgrade just don't want to waste time if it don't do much thanks guys:)

Hows this for proof, when I pulled my carb apart it still had the stock spring in it and it wouldnt always return to the resting position. Put the clicker pen spring in and it will return to the resting position all the time, every time. Not to mention I check how tough each spring was and the stocker offered very little resistance and the clicker pen offered alot more, which will help it from sticking.

Back