A wierd tickin noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolverineKid

Reaction score
He guys i recently lost the oil drain plug on my bike and now when i first start er up i am getting a tickin noise. it seems to be loader on the belt side but goes away after 30 seconds. i think i may have went 2-3 km with no plug. does anyone know what it maybe. any help would be great thanks :tup:

So you ran it for that long with no oil in it at all?

well i changed the oil in it and when i went to go ride on the friday, the oil was changed on wed. i noticed a bit of oil on the shed foor. i thought it may have been the lift over oil dripping of the skid plate. so i drove threw water and mud and then parked it till the next weekend. thats when the problem occured. i didnt notice the huge puddle of oil on the floor until i got back on sunday. so when i checked the bike and thats when i found that the drain plug i took out was fine but the plug thats behind it wasn't even there.:???: I didnt even take it out or even touch it. how in the hell does it come out? so i put a new plug in and oil but now when i start it i get a buzzing/ tickng noise that seems louder on the clutch side. i dont know how long the oil was out of it but i droce it probably 2-3km until i noticed the big puddle. thanks

Back