A what-if scenario for performance mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
Say you had $200 to spend, exactly $200 and not a penny more. You're looking to do strictly performance mods to your warrior/rappy. What would you spent the money on and what would the over all out come be? (i.e. What would the difference from stock stats be with the $200 update)

This should be interesting......post'em up

Yea that's the best you can do for $200. Don't bother going into the engine because if you're replacing one thing, lets say that cam, you might as well replace the piston. Same thing goes for the other way around.

$200 doesn't get you a whole lot, i've spent more than that just on the bumpers i've wrecked in the last 2 years...

are the clamp-on filters way better than the k&n replacement filter?

I think so because in the summer when it dry out u can take the box of and get better flow or i always run the lid open with a outerwear air box cover....doesnt work that well but it gets the jon done. But it also doenst let as many dust particles in because with the stock theres a gap between the filter and the back of the box letting dirt and dust in.

lol 10 hp F that buy a nitrous kit for 25 ponies lol

Nah, bolt on stuff like performance bumpers are the way to go for big horsepower. A nice bumper, some nerf bars, a shiny gas cap, some fancy grips, and maybe a grab bar is a nice setup. Throw in a lot of stickers, pretty much put a sticker anywhere you can put a goddam sticker, and you'll be running 12's in the quarter before you know it. Amazing what strategic sticker placement can do for power and aerodynamics ;D

Put in a hotcam.... pop the spark arrestor out of the stock exhaust and put on a clamp on uni filter using the stock filter cage, cut the airbox lid... or take it off. Buy a cheap non oring chain.

I think thats about the most horsepower you could get with only 200 dollars and no more.

Not saying this stuff is in anyway really that great of mods in any situation. But i think it would yield the most straight line speed and acceleration.

why do hot cams suck, there cheap and yeaild decent power for the money. Not the best but they dont break or wreck your motor so i dont think there crap.

Latest posts

Back