a stroker kit..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclarenkid69

Reaction score
i wanted to maybe get more power but not want to spend my life savings on it lol i saw a 350 motor stoked to 396, does any one know about this.. im looking for anwsers

where would i do it and what kind of process would it go though aswell as how much?

The 396 kit consists of a Hotrods stroker crank and piston. You have to tear the motor down, split the cases, replace the crank, and bore your cylinder to 84mm. Don't quote me, but i think you can buy the kit for about 600US.

Couldnt tell you if its worth it. But i dont know for sure how much you will actually gain with this stroker over just buying some high end mods for the motor instead.

The 396 kit consists of a Hotrods stroker crank and piston. You have to tear the motor down, split the cases, replace the crank, and bore your cylinder to 84mm. Don't quote me, but i think you can buy the kit for about 600US.

You dont have to split the cases..just drop the crank in

Couldnt tell you if its worth it. But i dont know for sure how much you will actually gain with this stroker over just buying some high end mods for the motor instead.
You will gain torque..b/c your increaseing the stroke..u gain by increasing the CC's of the motor

97warriorrider:
Um...Amigo, not to bust your balls, but where do you think the crank is located???

(i'll give you a hint.... I'ts between cases!)

Should be able to get the Hotrods stroker for about $550, and if you got a decent exhaust, filter and cam, then expect around 34HP, mabe 1 or 2 more with a good ported head. And you do need to split the cases, in fact you need to pull the motor from the quad. You don't have to pull the entire trans appart, just the right side of the case.

isnt the 446 kit on fst just a lil bit more expensive so if you are going to spend 600 why not spend the extra money?
True but you have to deal with Mickeys schedual and might not get get it back for a while. But it's well worth it.

[quote:mxsj5cb1]isnt the 446 kit on fst just a lil bit more expensive so if you are going to spend 600 why not spend the extra money?
True but you have to deal with Mickeys schedual and might not get get it back for a while. But it's well worth it.[/quote:mxsj5cb1]

yea if you can wait for the offseason of riding so you can get your moneys worth and get it done fast

Dude, it's impossible to change a crank without splitting the crank on any gasoline engine....don't try to show the mechanical skill that you don't have....

[quote:4is3xrfz]
True but you have to deal with Mickeys schedual and might not get get it back for a while. But it's well worth it.

yea if you can wait for the offseason of riding so you can get your moneys worth and get it done fast[/quote:4is3xrfz]
Yeah in the off season you'll get it back in a month.

Latest posts

Back