A Nightmare Come True....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000customwarrior

Reaction score
Its official. I have finally figured out the source of my problems.....A bent valve, But something else was discovered when it was taken apart...a scorched piston and head...the dealer I took it too to have it bored out, parts and labor was gonna cost me $626. Dont ya just love irresponsible people who dont take care of their quads.

yeah, i love those ppl. that's why i look for those types to get great deal's when they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

it made me mad because Ive already got around $800-900 in it and i find this out. its killing me because ive had it almost a year and its been just problem after problem.

oh, i didn't realize you had it that long. i thought you meant you just bought it and found someones negligence. that does suck. that's when i like to make my problems some elses problems by getting shed of it lol

the funny part, the person who had it before me was wayyyyyyy younger than me, so that was kinda the stuff i was hoping wasnt gonna happen, but was preparing for, but owner neglect kills it for the rest of us.

i cant get rid of it. its my first quad, my first baby. I wanted a project, something I can play with all the time and tinker with it, and be able to keep it running for a long time. im only 19, but i wanna have it still running when i turn 25 or so.

theres a guy on ebay that sells bore jobs for $40 up to a .040 anything over that cost a little extra. it save alot of money rather than going to a shop. i had my 400ex done by him and two of my old warriors he is doing a .060 for me next week. if you want his info let me know. he also does P&P for $200. im redoing mine now i bought a $100 piston kit, $100 head rebuild kit and this guys work for $260

well its mostly labor, but I do get a warranty on it, and parts and all cost $260, but its gonna be bored over 20 to 40. Also saw a sad site today, the dealership I went to had a warrior there, white and black, and it was rough...i wanted to take it out back and put it down because i felt bad for it, but it did have a super trapp slip on exhaust on it that I may pick up for the cheap-cheap :D. I know its a lil pricey, but with the kind of resources i have avaliable to me, its all i can manage right now, and im driving an hour to get to the dealership, because the closest dealership is reallllllly iffy about working on it, and I know more than some of the employees, so im getting it done right.

Back