A Few Questions...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior1996

Reaction score
So I took the warrior out for a ride yesterday, and I got a few questions.

• What do you guys recommend for chain rollers? My lower one is missing now and my upper is cracked and dry rotted. I've heard some guys use skateboard wheels, so that is an option.

• Is there any way to stiffen my front suspension? I have 2001 raptor 660 shocks in front with my DJ Kit set at the +2 setting. My preload is maxed out and it is still really soft. It's awesome in the trails but yesterday I was jumping it over a small hill and recorded it to see how much travel my front end was experiencing. From the video, I can see that my frame is about an 1" from hitting the ground. I know that this isn't safe so I was wondering if there are replacement springs I can buy or if I should just drop the cash on some different shocks?

• My brother just bought a Mojave 250 and the guy threw in a 2001 raptor 660 rear shock, but the bump stop is missing and it still has the short reservoir line on it. He can't use it on his quad so I might buy it off him. I guess I'm wondering is it worth it to rebuild it myself, or pay someone else to rebuild it and if anybody knows a good place to get it rebuilt at? or if I should just stay with my stock rear shock, because it still works fine.

Input on any of my questions would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Replacing worn chain rollers helps more than the average Joe realizes, Good choice to replace, I suggest going with a TM Designworks Powerlip roller, You can cut the bracket off and mount the new, Also the AllBalls ones are good also they are made out of Poly and last. Invest in some good shocks, I highly recommend it, Elka, Axis, Ohlins, WORKS, GT Thunders, FOX Evols, Ect the list goes on if your on a budget Ebay is your best bet, buy a used set and get them rebuilt for your weight, arms, riding style ect.... Also if you do choose to get the YFZ's you can have the shaft shortened to 16'' makes a huge difference on +2 arms.

Alright thanks Tim, I don't know if I'm ready to drop that much cash on my front end, but we will see in the future. I'm thinking a set of yfz's with the DJ kit would work well though...

The YFZ's worked great on mine with it but the preload wasn't too great, I had to leave them all the way up so they was a bit softer than I liked but no comparison to stock, way better.

I'm a little short on money right now, so the shocks will be put on the list lol. Next I really need to get a new helmet and maybe riding gear to match, and now rollers and maybe that 660 rear shock, so I got to save up.

Haha, like a medium shirt and I don't know about the pants, I'm a small guy lol.

Latest posts

Back