A day in the life of a Southern Ontario sand duner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
Well guys, some of you maybe remember one of my previous posts here about sand riding in Ontario. As nice as those shots were, I've got even better now, thats right, I got some action shots (finally). So heres a few choice selections from my outing today with my cousin. In case your wondering hes riding an '82 Honda XL 185S enduro bike. Hes pretty crazy on that damn thing.

Lets start off with the first sand pit, called "the pines"

My cousin on his tried and true machine
100B1670.jpg

100_1582.jpg

Me on the 350
100B2070.jpg

100B2060.jpg

100B1980.jpg

100B1940.jpg

100B1890.jpg

100B1821.jpg

100B2090.jpg

Just a little too far there ^^^^
100B2140.jpg

100B1970.jpg

And now onto pit #2 "West Horseshoe" this place is HUGE! The camera batteries died so we didn't get as many pics here.

Cuz on the XL
100_2343.jpg

100_2350.jpg

100_2351.jpg

Time for me to rip this pit up
100_2331.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2359.jpg

the rain maker hahaha ^^^^
100_2333.jpg

100_2335.jpg

100_2330.jpg

Enjoy the pics guys.....it sure was one heluva ride
100B2250.jpg

in the second pic of your cousin climbing the hill it looks like theres tracks where someone shot up to the right of the main climb. if so that looks mighty steep lol. oh ya and the first big picture looks like a possible POTM

Posted by 98warrior on Today at 5:29pm
in the second pic of your cousin climbing the hill it looks like theres tracks where someone shot up to the right of the main climb. if so that looks mighty steep lol.

In pics 4 and 6 of "me on the 350" im coming off the top of that hill, it IS mighty steep, its a rush man, i love it. There isn't a hill at these local trails that I have yet to climb. Beleive it or not I showed up a couple dudes on 660s last weekend here. They wouldnt touch the hills.

how steep?? my freinds go up some pretty damn steep hills on there 450's,looks like a good place to ride

there are a couple hills where the top foot to 2 feet are 90 degrees, hit them fast enough and you can get about 4-5 feet of air off the top, pretty tricky stuff

do,its so fun to do that,but whats really fun,is jumping the hill going down!!! becarfull though,you do NOT want to over shoot it,or you WILL get hurt,and brake somethin,my feeind tried it on his POPO 325,nailed his nuts on the gas tank,hit his chin on the bars,and some bruised ribs,but its pretty fun...you know what is also fun,say there is a drop off where it goes straight down for about 10 ft and there IS no way to straight out climb it,well look for a little bump on the hill ,aim for that and you jump the hill...Only my freinds on there 450's and dirt bike have dine this,but ONLY about 3 times,Most of the times i have seen they make it,but when they dont.........i'll just leave that alone. didt mean to hijack the thread

Posted by hillclimbingrecon on Yesterday at 7:25pm
do,its so fun to do that,but whats really fun,is jumping the hill going down!!! becarfull though,you do NOT want to over shoot it,or you WILL get hurt,and brake somethin,my feeind tried it on his POPO 325,nailed his nuts on the gas tank,hit his chin on the bars,and some bruised ribs,but its pretty fun...you know what is also fun,say there is a drop off where it goes straight down for about 10 ft and there IS no way to straight out climb it,well look for a little bump on the hill ,aim for that and you jump the hill...Only my freinds on there 450's and dirt bike have dine this,but ONLY about 3 times,Most of the times i have seen they make it,but when they dont.........i'll just leave that alone. didt mean to hijack the thread

I've seen a dude on a KX 250 try to jump down a hill, he smacked his head off the bars bad, seemed kinda hurt, but he took off before I could talk to him

where in ontario is it? looks like a lot of fun. Your raptor looks awesome with the white on the front!

man those pits look awsoem and look liek a blast to ride... you did some cool stuf in those pics too.

~Eddie

Posted by 02yfm350 on Today at 10:09am
where in ontario is it? looks like a lot of fun. Your raptor looks awesome with the white on the front!

Its about 20 min from my house ;D I live in Delhi Ontario FYI, you'll have to mapquest it, its also 20 min from the Lake Erie beaches! Thanks for the compliment on the hood! I thought it would make it look real original.

Thanks to all for the positive replies, if your even in Southern Ontario you know who to call for some ridin now!

Posted by evilhaze on Today at 12:23am
**** ya, southern ontario just about looks as nice as eastern ontario this time of year!
killer pics man

****** eh! I'll have to take some more pics while the weather is super

hey ratchracing how much of a power difference did you notice with the new piston?

dude this is an old topic if your gonna ask somthing like that ask in PM

hey ratchracing how much of a power difference did you notice with the new piston?

Well, I did the piston, cam, P&P, Yoshi pipe and header all at the same time, and all that combined made a big ass difference, heaps of power over the stock configuration.

Latest posts

Back