A arm dimensions please 87-88 / 89-04

Discussion in 'Chassis, Suspension, Braking & Tires' started by sebring26, Sep 16, 2018.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

1. Sep 16, 2018 #1

sebring26

sebring26

sebring26

These were listened on E bay as Yamaha Warrior extended A Arms. I bought them for my 1990 Warrior but they didn't fit. I waited to long from the time I bought them until I tried putting them on to go back to the seller. Can anyone tell me if these would fit on. 87/88 Warrior? I would like to get rid of them but can't not knowing what they are. Thanks for any help.

Scott

Attached Files:

2. Mar 30, 2020 #2

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

I'm new here, not new to toys. Been riding 30 years.

I bought a titled 1 owner 1988 warrior 2 weeks ago off a guy who was 70. As a kid I thought they were cool & the older we get the more the late model stuff gets destroyed by these YouTube/Facebook generation. I wanted to grab a slower trail machine to add to my fleet for my daughter is ready for coal country. I digress.

I realized 3 hours ago that there were two style frames/a arms designs. No big deal since I was never into these.

What I want to know which no one parting on Ebay will tell me is the following.

I know the a physical differences between upper and lower a arms. No need to tell me that, i read all about it. I only want to know what are these dimensions with out dust caps:

1987-88 uppers 11.25" between outside mounting points overall
    1987-88 lower 11.75" between outside mounting points overall

1989-2004 uppers?
    1989-2004 lowers?

That's all I want to know about the arms.

I can build my own as I run a machine & fabrication shop i aslo am balls deep with an ATV ATC builder for years and work at his place at times.

I looked at full flight arms for my 88 but I hate their heim joints. They will not sell me the arms with normal ball joints or with no joints at all. If I have to built my own I will, if I can just tweak a 2nd gens I will do that 1st.

If I had a 2nd gen set of arms I'd measure myself.

Thanks. We will get to know each other better as I post.

Attached Files:

3. Apr 19, 2020 #3

bones

bones

bones

Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They dont make any aftermarket a arms for 87-88

4. Apr 19, 2020 #4

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Yes they do full flight does but they use heims. Go look it up. I've been in this game 31 year. I know what I'm talking about. I started my own fixtures for arms. I manufacture quad parts such as frames a arms, swing arms, steering stems foot pegs, plus 3wheeler frames. I asked for dimension but that was a failure so I bought all the parts.

Attached Files:

5. Apr 29, 2020 #5

bones

bones

bones

No they dont fullflight had never made arms for the 1st gens 87-88.. im kinda the 1st gen guru around here ..so unless they stated in last 6 months they dont .. i have a custom made set of plus 3s on my 87 yes it has a 96 hood and tank cover

6. Apr 29, 2020 #6

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

7. Apr 29, 2020 #7

bones

bones

bones

I retract my statement. .... I went and talk to fullflight and .. they re that's awsome they only started making them last spring guessing that why I did hear about it sooner but you are right good sir .... they dont actually produce them on the regular tho if you order a set they make them at that point and ship... then wait for another order still awsome tho

8. Apr 29, 2020 #8

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

heims still suck. Never last and are junk compaired to a sealed ball joint. I went my own route. I dont even like warriors, but it was cheap machine with a title to ride slow on with my daugher. My hill climber just would not go slow.

9. Apr 29, 2020 #9

bones

bones

bones

I loved my old war dog as you can see I did alot to it back in the day then sold it now I check every buy and sell in ontario and Quebec weekly looking for it

10. Apr 29, 2020 #10

bones

bones

bones

11. Apr 29, 2020 #11

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

I just needed a slow trail toy. a 65hp raptor makes every 450 ive road feel like a toy. my wifes KFX700 is better but does not like to go slow. One of the two will leave prob soon. I want to add a bigger 4x4 utility to run with my wifes new racher 420 irs i built her.

Attached Files:

12. May 6, 2020 #12

bones

bones

bones

Foundthis post "These were listened on E bay as Yamaha Warrior extended A Arms. I bought them for my 1990 Warrior but they didn't fit. I waited to long from the time I bought them until I tried putting them on to go back to the seller. Can anyone tell me if these would fit on. 87/88 Warrior? I would like to get rid of them but can't not knowing what they are. Thanks for any help.

Scott" with pictures attached at bottom

I toy'd with the idea of building a 4x4 warrior .... not a wolverine... but 6 speed manual bigbear left side pre 95 hi low transfer case with warrior plastic and maybe a new style blaster hood or just leaving the warriors .... you know something yamaha of built back in the day only using Yamaha parts

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  13. May 6, 2020 #13

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

Oldskool83

They are 87-88. The dimensions matched my OEM 87 arms. What you want for them. Ball joints costs $110 shipped from ricky stator if any are bad and they only look lik 14mm joints.

14. May 6, 2020 #14

bones

bones

bones

Oh shit my bad man was half looking the measurements you were looking for .... there not mine thought I had you covered when I seen they were listed as 90s

Draft saved Draft deleted