99 Wolverine Head Pipe

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new braintree

Reaction score
Has anyone found a decent aftermarket headpipe for the older wolverines? Do I have to just live with the rusty stock pipe?

I Had the same feeling as you about the wolvy headpipe. I bought the full DG exhaust from Dennis Kirk for 130 shipped. Comes with a new header and tail pipe. Cheap and easy to put on.

Look on Ebay also, I have seen just the headers for sale. like 45-75 bucks for a used one.

Its definitely louder than the stock pipe, I kinda like it. When i changed from the stock exhaust to the new DG i felt more low end power and the engine runs much cooler. Its a free flowing exhaust and it really gets the hot air out and away fast.

You should to be honest, There is a easy way of doing it tho...Disconnect the fuel line. Loosen up the clamps on both sides of your Carb, Rotate it so the bowl is facing you. Its tight but it will turn 45 degrees. Then remove the 4 screws holding the bowl on. Pull out the main jet and look at what the numbers say on it. Then take it to your dealer and say i need the next size bigger. Shouldnt be more than 10 bucks at best.

Wipe out your bowl good so you have a nice clean carb for this season. And while your in there pick up a in-line fuel filter and throw that in too. Saves headaches ~ LOL

If you want me to snap some pics let me know.

thanks for your help.. I'll be doing this over the summer when i strip the bike down.

Back