99 wolverine carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what other carbs might work on a 99 Wolverine?

I saw else where on this site that someone used a 350 raptor carb. Can that be done?

Will a Big Bear carb work?

I think the raptor 350 has the wires comeing off the carb but I dont know for sure. I do know it is a 36mm carb and the choke is operated with a cable on the bars so you may convert it to on the carb choke setup. Someone on the forum has the edelbrock carb but never really went into much detail on which one he has. I really would like to do something different as well and if I come up with something I will be sure to post. If anyone else can help please let me know, I think there is a bit to gain by going to a little larger carb.

carb

Hey its me with the quicksilver. depending on how much you want to spend, the edelbrock quicksilver. I put one on my '01 and wow. The one i bought was set up for a warrior so there was very little tuning work. I would imagine alot of people would be scared because this carb does not have a choke, it does however have an accelerator pump which acts as a primer. My wheeler starts better now than it ever has(even in zero degree weather to plow snow!) My motor is not stock. Open exhaust, webb 98 cam, aftermarket airbox w/k&n. Carb kit came with a total of three needles. They use tapered needles to meter fuel instead of jets. It also came with tool to adjust needle height. Its pretty simple pump shot sets off idle accelaration, needle height sets mid range and needle size determines top end. No more vacuum slide. I was a bit overwhelmed doing the initial tune, but once i sat back and pulled my head out of my a** it was not that difficult.

They come with the mount and you will reuse the aircleaner boot. If you go with the twist throttle option its a plug and play deal coming with the entire twist throttle assembly. I went with the thumb throttle and there was some extra work needed. They do come with decent instructions. If you are curious let me know i could send you some pics of the finished product. I will answer any question that i feel that i can help u with.

my '01 is fun to ride, i can run neck and neck with a buddies 500 scrambler through three gears which to me isn't bad considering he does'nt gain ground on me until i shift between three and four.

correction

sorry webb 88 grind cam, also, i coughed up the extra money for an o2 sensor to to verify my tuning. Not nessasary but it was worth the 90 dollars to double check. Certainly cheaper than burning a piston or scoring a cylinder.

They are pricey carbs! Lots of mixed reviews but im sure tuning the carb is the trick. glad to know that is a option for us wolverine owners!

i think i paid just under 400 for the setup search around on the net a little. I think it was worth the money.

I do love the idea of being able to adjust without the use of tools. I am working on a carb swap from a suzuki z400, its been done on warriors so I am going to give it a shot on the wolverine. I think the 350 raptor carb may make a nice upgrade as well. Both the Raptor 350 and Z400 carbs are mikuni 36mm carbs so a little bigger than stock wolverine so should notice a gain in the higher rpms. If I never find a setup I am happy with I will likely dish out the 400$ and go with the edelbrock.

Can you post some pics of the edelbrock? Would love to see that on there.

i will get some pics up as soon as i can. Honestly i coughed up the money in a fit of rage because i couldn't figure out why the engine wouldn't rev. I took the carb off a buddies wolverine and it didn't run. Found that my timing wasn't coming up so i put a cdi box on it. still nothing. Thats when I bought the quicksilver.....still didn't work. As it turned out the new cdi box was defective. But being this is one of three wolverines that I have owned i was still able to notice the performace increase. Speaking of cdi......anyone know of aftermarket cdi boxes for these????

If it wont rev that sounds like the parking brake switch on the left lever, did you try disconnecting the switch? I have never heard of a engine still running with a bad cdi box but I dont have much experience with them either.

Managed to do the Z 400 carb swap, huge difference in throttle response. I had the stocker dialed in perfectly but this thing puts it to shame and im not done tuning. Pulls hard all the way! May do a How-to if I get the time.

Back