99 wolverine 350 cold blooded?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1999 wolvy 350 here that sleeps in my heated shop at night. It refuses to start until I choke it full blast even when its been in a 65 degree shop all night. I don't have much experience with the wolverines and didn't know if this was common amongst them or if this one has some issues still. Just throwing this out there to test the waters... I haven't done a lot of troubleshooting yet.

I did clean the carb and bumped the pilot jet from a 42.5 to a 45. Fuel screw at 3.5 turns out. It just acts like its starving for fuel? I think I have one step bigger pilot jet here... I will try that next.

Mine starts pretty well...even after sitting in the shed during cold weather. When it's warm out, it fires right up.

When it starts, does it run OK?

I don't think I've ever messed with my pilot jet.

Have you put an inline fuel filter on there just to be safe?

I don't think the fuel filter is going to solve the issue since it runs good once it warms up. I noticed today that it seems to noticably puff smoke when the engine is cold. Maybe the compression is a little low from the worn rings and its struggling to draw fuel off the pilot circuit until the piston expands with heat to form a better seal?

Latest posts

Back