99 warrior / raptor 660

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'M PRETTY SURE THEY WILL FIT!......THE 450,660 & 700 SHOCKS ARE THE SAME. I HAVE THE 450'S ON MY 98' WARRIOR.

if im not mistaken you can put a 660 rear shock on, but if you dont want to cut your airbox to fit the ressi you'll have to get the 01 rear raptor shock cause they got the remote ressi like the warrior, you can put the fronts on too but you'll have alot of stress on the ball joints witch could cause them to pop out witch is not good!!

Ok, let me post the accurate info here, some of what i'm seeing is pretty misleading.

The front shocks, first, are not the same size. The 660, 700, and 450 shocks are all too long to work SAFELY. Yeah, you can cram them in there and it might work for a while, but it's not safe because it forces the suspension components to operate out of their intended range. It's not really IF you'll break something, it's WHEN you'll break it.

And the only raptor 660 rear shock that works on the warrior and raptor 350 is the one from the 2001, the other year and model shocks will absolutely not work. It's not an issue of it hitting the airbox like 20warrior00 said. The real problem with the 2002-up shocks is they have an OFFSET piggyback reservoir that will not clear the frame and swingarm. There's no way to make it work.

In my opinion, the 660 rear shock is also too long on the warrior. I bought one because everybody was claiming a huge improvement. I hated it, it made the back end sit too high, and it threw the chain and sprockets out of proper alignment so I had to keep too much slack in the chain because the higher ride height changed the geometry. I gave mine away to a buddy that put it on his 250x, which is made for a longer shock. I installed an aftermarket banshee rear on mine, and although I can't say much for the performance since mine was aftermarket, the ride height and fitment was much better than the 660.

Latest posts

Back