98 Wolverine Carb Boot Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinb24

Reaction score
While doing some rebuild work on my wolverine after it had been sitting for a couple of years, I can't seem to figure out what is holding the carb to the intake!!...Here's what happened, when I pulled the carb off the engine, the rubber boot stayed attached to the carb because it has a clamp on it but the other side just seemed to be sort of pressed to the metal intake piece that bolts to the engine and it just came apart...Now I can't get it to go back on and seal...What is supposed to hold those pieces together or did something happen after sitting for so long? There is a little lip that goes over the intake so I cleaned both surfaces and put a hose clamp on it just to check it... She fired right up and ran like a dream for a few minutes until it coughed and popped the carb off...I'm a little stumped and embarrassed...Any help?

I think they're glued together. Mine did the same thing, so I ordered a new one and there was no clamp or anything holding it together.

Latest posts

Back