98 elite vote

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is 98 elite worthy?

• Hell yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Not feelin it

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me. Too many paint chips, stock carb, no rear brake. It may be a trail bike but it needs to look good too. That much paint chipping is a no go in my book. Not elite worthy YET.

Last edited:
Where do you see paint chips? I just touched up a bunch of stuff and can touch up anything else. On the brake on waiting on weston for the mount that he's making for the round carriers that will automatically mount a YFZ caliper, since Ive always thought the rear brakes werent the best. Carbs only stock until I get the top end rebuild broke in, then Im gonna get one like Pat.

Last edited:
Oh and there are 2 guys Id like to thank for parts that helped me in the last year with parts that without them I may not have gotten this done yet. Id thank them in my build thread, but this will be seen by more I believe. akaguppy for getting me an extra head and jug to work on so I had no down time when i could ride and Sparking for the timing chain. You guys are the type of people that make these forums the reason I started joining them!!

Really everyone is to thank that has been on here since I started this Warrior. Between the input and selling spare parts, clutch covers and the occasional scoops/light cover. You have all had a little piece in the build.

You kiddin, this is a deffinition of an elite warrior. It took him a long ass time but it all paid off. I really relate to the build and how he took his time to do it all when he could and how he could, just like I did. And quadwise, I think our two quads are like brothers, very very similar yet different.

Two suggestions, Ditch the nerfs for some heelguards and fat pegs and get a full front fender, but to each its own.

Awesome work Tony!

You kiddin, this is a deffinition of an elite warrior. It took him a long ass time but it all paid off. I really relate to the build and how he took his time to do it all when he could and how he could, just like I did. And quadwise, I think our two quads are like brothers, very very similar yet different.

Two suggestions, Ditch the nerfs for some heelguards and fat pegs and get a full front fender, but to each its own.

Awesome work Tony!

Thanks Dean, I actually was starting to think Id never get it this far. A set back here and there was starting to discourage me from continuing. I think my build and subsequent vote are very different from most. Alot of the guys just finish the rebuild when they get it so their quads are still fresh and shiny. My main rebuild was 2 years ago and many rides/miles ago.

I like my nerfs for some of the areas I ride, like up in northern Wisconsin, gives me some place to stretch out my legs on some of the long straight stretches. We have a habit of riding for a couple hours straight and with my long legs I need to get them straight once and a while. Ive been working on a couple different things though for bigger pegs and some kind of heel guard, but they are still in planning stages. I do have a line on some full fenders(beastly), we just got to get a deal made. Though I can see times where I still like having the cut ones to, so Ill probably switch back and forth when I do get them!!!

**** thanks for reminding me Weston. In my reassembly excitement i forgot about figuring that out. I knew i was forgetting something, but just couldn't think of what it was. Other things going on probably haven't helped either. I'll get it fixed asap just for you!!

Great job 98 you have my vote! For all the people who voted no Id love to see your quad and what you put in yours!

Where do you see paint chips? I just touched up a bunch of stuff and can touch up anything else. On the brake on waiting on weston for the mount that he's making for the round carriers that will automatically mount a YFZ caliper, since Ive always thought the rear brakes werent the best. Carbs only stock until I get the top end rebuild broke in, then Im gonna get one like Pat.

That kinda clears it up for me, just that huge mark on the bottom of the frame next to the shifter looks like a big area where paint is chipping. (Fix it damnit!)

The paint is knocked down there Alex. That's where the VIN is at and i needed to keep it readable for the dnr. I should try putting a very light coat on it.

use nail polish 98 great for using over vin #s. Bodyman trick
Got my vote man! I liked it better before the fender cut but to each his own, nice build.

No matter what your not gonna please everyone here. Everyone has their own opinion and likes. I say build for yourself and please only yourself man

Back