97 Warrior Re-Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfm397

Reaction score
i am a little over half wat through rebuilding the old Warrior. i have re painted almost everything on it, new Maier custom plastics, soon to have Razr2's all around. tell me what you guys think
P1014772.jpg

P1014773.jpg

P1014774.jpg

P1014775.jpg

P1014777.jpg

P1014778.jpg

P1014779.jpg

yeah, i wasnt crazy about it at first until i started to bolt up parts and stood back and looked. i got a few pics i will post up with the wheels i am using.

wow..that looks insane..Hope the paint holds up good for you..those shocks look neat along with the healguards..You might wanna upgrade them shocks soon though if your gunna do anything major with the warrior..but for now it looks great

That looks really nice so far, can't wait to see the final prodct. You know what you should try and do (if you need a light)? Try to fit a small light into that small scoop for the hood atachment to the maier plastics, it would look bad ass. Be careful with those plastics though, I hear they are really cheap (like weaker) compared to stock plastics.

W4rri0r 2000 said:
That looks really nice so far, can't wait to see the final prodct. You know what you should try and do (if you need a light)? Try to fit a small light into that small scoop for the hood atachment to the maier plastics, it would look bad ass. Be careful with those plastics though, I hear they are really cheap (like weaker) compared to stock plastics.
actually i am gonig to try to find some raptor or YFZ lights and see if i could mount them up somehow. and yeah i want to upgrade to elkas or some kind of shocks for it, because i plan on XC racing it this year. thanks for the compliments so far. i will post more pics of the progress as it happens :)

UPDATE: i just got a big box of parts from rocky mountain. i got all the stuff to finish er up this weekend. i got a Wiseco 10.25:1 piston std bore, Tusk clutch kit with springs, all new pads, Spider grips. i cant wait for it to run and be done so i can turn some heads with it ;D

its running ;D ;D had an issue with the carb bowl gasket leaking a bit, so i used a little sealer and it should hold. also routed the starter wire too close to the exhaust, but i fixed that already. should have completed pics up within the next day or so.

octane2079 said:
good luck with the tusk clutch they seem to be hit or miss
must have hit this one, rode it friday and yesterday with no issues yet :cool:

Nice build man, do us a favor and make a new thread showing us your project from start to finish and all the details along the way. Rebuilds are probably my favorite articles to read around here. Please give us more pictures, I for one am in the middle of a rebuild and love to see others ideas and "why they did this over that" type stuff. So if you have some time man give us a good write up.

Nice build man, do us a favor and make a new thread showing us your project from start to finish and all the details along the way. Rebuilds are probably my favorite articles to read around here. Please give us more pictures, I for one am in the middle of a rebuild and love to see others ideas and "why they did this over that" type stuff. So if you have some time man give us a good write up.

Badass looking warrior, if I had the money I'd throw some maier plastics on my 97 because those look great.

Latest posts

Back