96 warrior wont turn off.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xhardknockz17

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my warrior. It starts up, runs great, but neither the key or the killswitch will shut it off. The keyswitch and the killswitch turn the power on and off going to the starter button and the headlights, but wont cut power to the coil. Ive been pulling the plug wire and disconnecting the pos. terminal when i shut it down for the day. Any ideas ??? Im also a new member to this site and i have read soo many amazing and informative threads already. Thanks

If you havent already, download the Warrior PDF Manual. Lots of good info in their along with circuit diagrams. And to avoid and future shock hazard Id recommend just turning to petcock off till it starves of fuel.

Depending on your know-how, you should be able to take a voltmeter/test-light to various plugs if need be to ensure continuity. Although without lookin at one Id assume a bad ignition switch/associated wiring.

If you unplug the key switch while its running will it turn off?

Last edited:
So I ended up getting a new wiring harness because the old one had been chopped up and crimped together in a few places. Its working perfect now :)

Back