96 warrior starting problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4cfed

Reaction score
got my warrior 2 days ago, started shot, so idrove 300 mile round trip to pick up a rebuilt starter for $20, got it in and still wont start.. it cranks, but wont fire under its own power.
Got it running today by pulling it with a truck and pop starting it and the jetting is a lil off but has monster power,

so why could it be that it will start when pulled but not under its own power??

fresh rebuilt starter, have a car battery hooked up to it for the time being tell i can get it to run on its own ( to high of amps making the cdi shut down??) just took the carb off and cleaned it out, i have fuel, good compression motor was redone something like 2 years ago, ran great tell one day it wouldnt start and it was something with the sensor for revers.
it sat for a while, than starter went out so its allways been pulll started, i dont wanna do the whole pull start thing all the time since i ride on the lake and river here and wont ever get enough traction to pull start it on ice..

any thoughts??

Why would you waste the gas on a $20 used starter? Hope it works out for you though. Ebay a new starter. Anyways, go through your whole electrical system and make sure its all good. Is your solenoid going out? when you press the start button does it try to turn over at all?

when push start button it cranks over just fine.. has spark.. had flue than lost fuel.. idk wtf its deal is

Most of the time when this happens, the stator is out of spec and needs replaced. Usually because the starter uses too much juice and there's not enough left for the weak stator to make a spark, something like that anyways.

it has a new stator and cdi, and the coil was tested at a shop and was in spec.. rebuilt starter works good, fresh premuim fuel, i took the carb apart and cleaned everything twice... and still the same problem.. i have narrowed it down to a fuel problem as best i can figure..
pull spark plug and crank it and no fuel fuel/vapor shoots out of the hole, when it started and ran 45 min prior i did the same thing and plenty of fuel shot out of the spark plug hole

you got a carb problem man....join the rest of them.....Warrior carbs are notorious for there shitty design and problems.......(in actuality there not that bad they just tend to break down a lot)

deadlastracing said:
you got a carb problem man....join the rest of them.....Warrior carbs are notorious for there shitty design and problems.......(in actuality there not that bad they just tend to break down a lot)

This is true, really the same can be said for the Warrior in it's entirety... the design is solid and most problems can be traced back to abuse or lack of maintenance somewhere along the line.

Back