92 warrior carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy2jerry

Reaction score
So I got this basket case warrior and after 400.00 plus I got it running great.. But the carb had a stuck accelerator pump I tried wd40 and soaked it. But when i tried to remover it it was still frozen and I broke the shaft.. How can I get the plunger out?? Drill through the plug in the bttom of the bowl???? Bike still runs fine with out it but has a flat spot if gunned from low rpm's.. I can't get a new bowl.. Is the z400 carb really that much better than stock??? One carb has a accelerator pump and a butterfly valve and the other has a vaccume operatated slide and no pump... So why is the rator/z400 carb better in responce to the engine?????

Any help would be great!!

Jerry

why cant you buy a new bowl?..... maybe try pb blaster and lots of it... or some heat, or a combination of both... it should crack loose

Yamaha does not sell the bowl by its self.. I would have to get a new carb... If thats the case I'll get a raptor 350 or a z400 type carb.. I guess by the posts they have better throttle response..

Jerry

oh i see what your mean now... well you might be able to find a used bowl and accellerator pump somewhere.... im sure some one has one they will sell.... i personally dont want to sell just pieces of the carb but someone may

No matter what you do the warrior has a flat spot off idle with the stock carb.... even if fixed the accel pump is non adjustable and never pumps the right amount of fuel right off the bottom anyway. Alot of aftermarket carbs dont even have one... so if its running good other than that i wouldnt even worry about it

Ok so I have a z400 carb I'll put on my warrior when I put the wiseco 84mm piston and a web .390 cam.... I know the eldebrock carb is the ****, But can a Klien pwk 38mm carb work in a pinch??? I had one brand new but sold it becauce I thought it would not fit under gas tank??? It has the throttle out the top of carb... Was I wrong and it would fit or do I need a carb with a side mount carb likage??

Never heard of a Klein carb. Do you mean Keihein?

Either way, why does it matter if you sold the one you had? I don't see why it wouldn't have clearance though, there's a bunch of hollow space under the fuel tank, and the early model warrior carbs had a cable coming out above the slide as well as the one coming out the side.

Well I don't have the money for a eldy carb so just looking for the best carb I can get for about $100.00. Looks like the z400 types would be the best. You have the round slide, flat side slides and the cv types which most newer atvs come with... I'm just looking for the best bang for my cheap buck..
Thanks

Latest posts

Back