'91 Warrior Parking Swith Question, Building a Buggy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qcfc88

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just want to say first that this forum is great. I'm building a buggy and using the engine from a '91 Warrior.

I'm in the process of wiring it (the guy I bought it from bypassed the starter solenoid and fuse, nice!) and want to disable the parking brake switch - I've read how to do it, but I need to make sure I understand it. Simply put, just disconnect it, right? My plan is to not even run the wire out from the CDI and just plug that particular hole on the connector.

For the clutch switch, I have the two wires going to such connected together which according to my wiring diagram, means it's on/the clutch is engaged and the engine will start in gear. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

I just disconnected the park brake switch on mine and the clutch switch I plugged into eachother. I have a 02 no idea if the wireing is the same or not.

that is correct, plug the clutch into each other and cut the e brake wire, and yes it will start in gear without the clutch lever pulled after you connect the clutch wires together

Back