89 Warrior died out

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fperri302

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and also to owning my own quad (had only rode other peoples b4). Anyway i think i may be having the same problem as the poster b4 me, with the stator and all...... I found a 89 Warrior 350 that was in good running order when it was parked( thing looks great for the year). Only thing is the woman who owned it never winterized it or anything just slaped it under a tarp for 2 years.... I worked out a trade and aquired it. Now im a car mechanic so i know alot, however like i said this is first quad i really worked on so im not real savy in that respect. I drained the old fuel, took off carb and cleaned bowl all out, changed fuel line and filter, oil, spark plug and air filter, greased all the zerks and tried pull starting her. Sputtered some but would'nt start.

In the end it came down to pop starting it buy being towed by another quad. She fired up sounded nasty and i rode her for pry 2 hours with out a problem(stoping and restarting with one pull of the cord many times)(no battery)..... Then at one point i pulled in the clutch and hit the brakes to slow down to avoid my buddys truck in the trail and she started sputtering and cut out. Ever since i will not restart, also i put a spark tester on it and have nothing. Now i havent tried pop starting it again, only tried pull starting it becuase once it was running it was restarting with the pull up untill the point she died. From what ive read on here i think i will try pop starting it again because if i got it right it is possible to still run off a second pickup? Anyway im just wondering what you guys think about all this, you all know a heck of alot more about these things then i do.... Thank you in advance for any help! -Frank

Back