88 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no replacing any one individual cable. It is best to buy them as a set(as they come) from Yamaha. Big money. Can you adjust them at all? You have 3 adjustment points. One at the throttle housing, it mainly adjusts how much play there is in the throttle lever. Then there is one in each cable. You can tighten or loosen a cable using them. If the cables are shot, you are better off getting a signal cable 2nd gen carb, or an aftermarket carb.

There is no replacing any one individual cable. It is best to buy them as a set(as they come) from Yamaha. Big money. Can you adjust them at all? You have 3 adjustment points. One at the throttle housing, it mainly adjusts how much play there is in the throttle lever. Then there is one in each cable. You can tighten or loosen a cable using them. If the cables are shot, you are better off getting a signal cable 2nd gen carb, or an aftermarket carb.
yea i found out today it coast alot of money. but where are the adjusters. right now its to long. i give it gas and the carbs only opening like a quarter of the way at full throttle. and i can figure out how much to adjust the bottom one so that its fully open but and suggestions on how to messure when the top one is good?

If one of the two cables is stuck coming off of the junction won't it only open partial throttle? Pat knows I'm sure I just can't remember.

If one of the two cables is stuck coming off of the junction won't it only open partial throttle? Pat knows I'm sure I just can't remember.
well they both open move the bottom one opens the valve (sorry idk the name i dont no much about mechanical stuff trying to learn.) while the top one does a needle

It has that funky rocker thing in the junction that is supposed to open them equally.
So you are saying they both move freely while hooked to the carb?

yes i just dont think they are opening all the way because its not open enough to let in maximum fuel so thats y i think its stretched but i cant figure out how to adjust them i just looked in my service book and couldnt find a way to do it

If you can
Take the cover off of the junction and pull the throttle. See if everything moves uniformly.
i think its a combination of alittle slack every where someone said theres a way to adjust it thats what im looking for

i really just need to figure out how to open the bottom one more because it seems like thats the one controlling the most fuel

Back