88 warrior 350 flywheel oneway problems?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossb206

Reaction score
hello all I have been trying to get my quad up n running again and one of the problems ive been having is the starter just spins?? I thought it was the one way bearing so I took off the stator cover to see if it free spins.. the problem is the oneway bearing doesn't free spin it actually locks one way and spins the other. the other problem is I am pretty sure my engine spins counterclock wise yet when the flywheel locks on the oneway it locks in the wrong direction making it want to spin the engine clockwise, so when I hit my starter button the flywheel just free spins . I don't mind buying a new oneway setup but I don't know why the flywheel locks up going the wrong way? the flywheel has never been removed from the one way so it cant be installed backwards as it used to work fine I'm confused as to what could be broke because I can pull start the quad behind a vehicle and it will run fine or I can use the pull start and still it runs fine can anybody point me in the right direction thanks alot

Last edited:
Back