88 - It's Alive!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Warrior

Reaction score
Well after about 10yrs of rest my 88 breaths again. Fire, sat for about 8yrs, major rebuild, after the rebuild rings shot/frozen to piston, sat for probably another 2yrs. Fire took a lot of parts - all plastic, carb, air box, almost all wires/electrical, chain and guides, battery, seat, switches, rectifier, gas tank, rear shock, rear brakes, lots other small parts.

Top end rebuild - Cylinder bore, New Wiseco .20 over piston, valves lapped, slapped it back together, so far seems to be running pretty good. I'll throw a few pics up later.

Thanks for the offer. So far it's running ok. Breaking it in from the top end rebuild.
It wasn't starting after re-assembly and couldn't figure it out. Tried jumping the solenoid, putting 12v right to the starter, using my motorcycle battery.... Nothing, wasn't turning over. Gave the starter one smack on end while pressing the start button and bammmm. It started turning over and started running within a minute of tweaking the carb.

Glad to hear its running again most fellers would have gave up after 8 years that is a long time to be without.

I hear ya. If it wasn't for eBay to be able to get a bunch of new and used parts I probably would have bailed on it.

Wow thats awesome man! Nice and mint too! Looks great, congrats

Thanks guys. Hopefully a few mods coming soon. First up is definitely the direct shifter.

Latest posts

Back