87 warrior problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The1Hero

Reaction score
Hello all again
This damn warrior is pissing me off lol . So I put a new stator spark plus coil etc. Fired right up with electric start ran for about 10, minutes now no,more spark again.. would the rectifier on the 87 have anything to do with no spark? I don't know if the stair I just put in us fried or what but I no more spark... Any help will be grateful thank you everyone

The rectifier has mostly to do with the charging system. The Alternator (stator) produces AC voltage. The rectifier converts that AC voltage to DC voltage. To test the rectifier, use a multimeter or batter/alternator tester, attach the test leads to the battery properly, observe the battery voltage with engine off. Start engine, then observe voltage reading. You should have between 13.5-14.5 with engine running. If you have a new stator, new ignition coil, new spark plug, all connections are good, etc... I'd be looking at the cdi. If you can get the old girl to start up again, test the rectifier. Atleast then you will know that the charging system is working properly, if nothing else.

Btw, did you test the pickup coils that mount near the stator?

i bouht a rm stator with the new pick up coils and installed that today, she ran fine, and the charging system works great, it ran for like 10 minutes breaking up alot but managed to keep it running then it just died and i have no spark at all.

Well the stator is fried... Don't even got spark with pull start... Well its looking more like a junk pile for this damn headache... What would cause the stator fry??

Well time to put it aside till summer and just ride my blaster... Thanks guys for ur help.. if u could think of anything to check please don't be shy and tell me anything... I checked all wires.. did the new stator and everything today... Thanks everyone

Okay so i got good news, and bad news lol... Got it fired up and again today, A wire jumped out of the holder and the fly wheel split the wire. So note to self or anyone changing a stator watch your wires. Okay now for the problem, Its burning really rich and is popping alot through the carb. I dont know if its b/c the air/fuel mixture screw is out of wack or a valve. Im going to adjust it tomorrow any preference where i should start at? Also it ran perfectly fine before i did the stator change no popin or nothing. So if there is maybe something im missing as well that will allow it to pop let me know please..
Thank you everyone for the great help

okay, gonna check the valves tomorrow, the air fuel mexture and compression on the cylinder as well,

all fixed ready to ride, thank you everyone for ur help.

carb intake boot had a slice in it...
didnt notice till i pulled the tank off

Latest posts

Back