87 Warrior No motor ;-)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggaloclownz187

Reaction score
Just picked up an 87 warrior with no motor in it and a parts bike for $300...

Anyone ever put a motorcycle motor in one of these things? I found a nice 1980's yamaha 650 motorcycle motor locally for $40 wondering if its something that might fit if i went and looked at it, and if not what other options do i have?

Thanks!! Glad to be part of this forum, and just want to say WHATS UP EVERYONE!! ;D

hello and welcome to the best place on the internet to find info on the warrior!

unfortunatly your going to be hard pressed to find a motor that will fit easily into the warrior frame... many can be squeezed in and make to work but you have to be pretty good with a welder among other tools... your best bet is probably trying to find a warrior motor for it... the part that sucks is you will probably pay as much for a good running motor as you did for everything you have now... its up to you, $40 for a engine is a good deal but you will not find any motor that just drops right in..... on second thought a $40 motor must have something wrong with it I'd be very wary

It I'll fit. your gunna have to mod the frame a bit and work out some specifics but it will work. Welcome to the site!

I can tell you from personal experiance that it will work. I have a '78, TT 500 motor in mine. I bought an old ice racer from my neighbor for $200 and sold the rolling chasis for $300. that was the only thing I came out ahead on though. I have pretty much had to customize everything. I was motocrossing it up untill this may when I crashed at Millville and broke my ancle and a couple ribs. My ancle still is bothering me.

Back