85 to small?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how are they as hill climbers??wil it be able to follow 250's,125's,450's???how fast do they go??its a 2002 rm 85http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/bike1.htm

The yz85 i rode had a wiseco piston, reeds, jetted, piped, and other little things. But it scared the **** out of me when i hit the powerband. That was the first dirtbike i ever rode, and it was quite a ride. Riding a 2-stroke with a clutch is kinda weird at first, but u get used to it. I was going down the rode and had it pinned in 69, and i would guess i was doing about 70ish, maybe more maybe less. But i knew that it was fun as hell! I think u should go with the 125, cuz u can always grow into that...And probably wont get bored with the power any time soon, like you would with the 300.

wow.. well scince your 13, 111 punds, and 5'4 i would say the 125 is out. but, if you could test ride them, you should definatly do that, or try to talk the dealer into letting you. the 125 would be good if you didnt have a problem leaning the heavy thing over to get on and kick start it. the 85 would be good for a while but then when you get bigger it will be boring. the 300ex would be pretty good. but it depends where and how you ride. i was about to get a dirtbike before getting my quad. but i decided to try a 4wheeler. and i liked it. i rode a 2004 honda 150. (fourstroke) and liked it. but to have fun on, i would say the 300ex cause its got plenty enough power, and you can do good wheelies with it. but it all depends. you should test ride them first.,

well there has been a interesting change of events,the dirtbikes r out(freinds talked me out of it) BUT!!!! i figured if i sell my recon for 1950,i can get this 1997 shee!!!! for 2200(i have 250) saved up,or this guy with a 400ex MIGHT wanna trade me.or this guy with a blaster that has, shave head, port and polish, reed spacers, exhust , swing arm extended,axle

so what should i get,or not get??

man i duno about a shee im not saying you cant ride but it might be a little too much for your size. a 300ex or blaster would fit you fine. if you outgrew the power of the blaster dirtwheels done a project blaster with a vito's 240cc kit and they said it would smoke a stock 400ex.

Latest posts

Back