85 to small?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know how old you are, but if your 15 or above I'd say go with a 125 2 stroke/ 250 4 stroke. Im 5'7, and it isn't easy for me to get on and off a 125, but I can ride it fine. later.

I think it is about right, but why not just wait like 6 months and get a 125? You can outgrow a 85, but a 125(2-stroke) is a pretty big bike, that a lot of adults will ride comfortably.

well I WAS getting the blaster yesterday but the guy said he broke somethin,so i called the deal off....do u think RIGHT know i woud be able to handle a zuki 125?i have only ridden a dirtbike once or twice.oh and its a 2002,or should i just get a 300ex??the placei am going tommorow,and they have a 2002 zuki 125,and a honda 300ex,i am going to ask if they will take a straight trade,and 230.00 bucks,what should i get?

I think the bike is definitely going to be too much for you. You're probably going to be able to just barely keep it standing upright when you're at a stop, so i don't know if you'd even be able to kick start it by yourself. The 300ex should be a good fit for you though, not much bigger than your recon, but a good bit sportier and you'll still have reverse and electric start, something that you would have given up if you traded on the blaster.

My brother has a 300ex, its a good quad, not that powerful but still pretty quick and its a wheelie machine, I never rode a dirtbike but i would go with the 300.

get the dirtbike and just be careful on it until u get good, your gunna get bored on the 300.

well,the verdict is in,they want 1000.00 and my quad for the 300,same for the 125,so how bout the 85??rember this would be my FIRST bike

how are they as hill climbers??wil it be able to follow 250's,125's,450's???how fast do they go??its a 2002 rm 85http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/bike1.htm

how are they as hill climbers??wil it be able to follow 250's,125's,450's???how fast do they go??its a 2002 rm 85http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/bike1.htm

I'd say wait a few years, you will def outgrow an 85 in like the first year. The prob with the 125 is the overall height of the vehical. I myself at 5.7 have a problem kick starting a 125 or 250, because there too tall. Come up with the extra money and go with the 300EX, there bullit proof and can be built up and made faster too.

I don't know about how fast they are, but no bike is a good hill climber for a beginner rider, especially with the stock swingarm. I think you should just stick to quads if you like them, I personally wouldn't want a dirt bike as my only ride. They're fun at first, but you get tired of them quick. And forget about riding in the mud or snow, and even in rocky stuff they get difficult to ride. Either keep your recon, there's nothing wrong with it, or wait until you can afford a quad you like better, something between 300 and 400 cc's.

Back