700R shocks???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'00 WO-YA!

Reaction score
Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
K, time to pick some of your brains. I'm not that familiar with the 700R so I was curious about whether or not the shocks are different than those on a 450R? Naturally you'd kinda assume that the valuing would be different because of weight & weight bias, body roll, etc... I ask b/c I was thinking that a 700R shock might possibly be better for a conversion than even a 450R shock if it's about weight. Seems to me like the Warrior would be a good bit more front heavy than a 450.

So do you guys think my assumption of it maybe being a better trail shock is on track? I still am not sure about the Diamond J relocation kit, I just haven't found enough info on it. Are Banshee shocks that much better than our stock, shocks, guys?

I have a 700r and as i'm sure everyone knows their quite tippy which is mostly a result of the standard springs being too soft.
The shocks themselves are amazing but the first mod id did on my 700r was get some dual rate springs to suit the quad and my weight and it was the best money i ever spent. totally transformed how the quad handles. Doesn't lean anywhere near as much and i have way more confidence going through off camber turns.
To sum up in my opinion the facory 700r front's a very overshocked and undersprung so i wouldn't expect to just bolt them on and be happy with them.

Back