6th hard to find

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
Default 6th hard to find
ok so after a while of riding today i realized a can only get into sixth sometimes.Sometimes after fifth it blocks. could this be a clutch adjustment? it also reverses by itself without letting off the clutch when its cold.I can switch through all six when its off i know this i tried multiple times and it always goes in 6th . But when im riding sometimes it just wont go in.

my shifter is all sloppy too waiting on a direct shifter .Could that be my problem

motomaster formula 1 10w40 atv oil, i chose it because it was for atvs and i didnt want to use diesel oil in this quad.

so noone has ever heard of this happening?Its like im cursed it will shift into sixth when im comming up on a stop but when i need it to go into 6th the sunb!tch just wont go

I had trouble getting into 6th occasionally as well but i got my direct shifter and i never had a problem again. But my quad had moments where it would go into reverse without the clutch in as well and I never figured it out so i cant help you there.

Your shift linkage could be out of adjustment. I would just do a direct shifter.

Direct shifter should fix your 6th gear issue. As for reverse, you are saying that with the clutch pulled in, when the engine is cold, it will go right into reverse and start to roll under it's own power?

Direct shifter should fix your 6th gear issue. As for reverse, you are saying that with the clutch pulled in, when the engine is cold, it will go right into reverse and start to roll under it's own power?
yea i fixed that by adjusting the cable.Happy my clutch is ok

I have the direct shifter on the way i hope it fixes it .my shifter is all sloppy threads are shreded and its all the way out so yea.i couldnt see how it would only affect 6th but im glad to know its happened to others and it wasnt the tranny thx guys.

Back