660 rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
i know a few people have this upgrade so hopefully i can get some input.
just got a 2001 raptor 660 rear shock :cool:, im upgrading my suspension the cheap way, with this on the back and banshee shocks on the front with new a arm bushings and a pivot works swing arm rebuild kit on the back. hopefully it wont handle and jump as piggish anymore. just wanted some ideas/ suggestions for mounting the rezzie and anything else i should think about while it is apart. thanks.

What I did is use one of the original clamps,and bolted it through my air box(on the left side)
DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah,you should adjust it before you put the plastics back on,its a bitch afterwards

thats great, i like how its out of the way, but you can still see it very well. since its such a pain in the ass to adjust, any suggestion on the setting for the shock, or what the stock setting for the shock is? i weigh 175.

I have it pretty soft-10 clicks out on rebound and about half of compression,I am 200 lbs.It depends on how you ride(jumps and whoops)I would start at soft first,then go the other way.Just my opinion.

Did you have to cut out your rollers, or was the stock chain length fine? If it needs a longer chain, how many more links did you go over stock?

i know a few people have this upgrade so hopefully i can get some input.
just got a 2001 raptor 660 rear shock :cool:, im upgrading my suspension the cheap way, with this on the back and banshee shocks on the front with new a arm bushings and a pivot works swing arm rebuild kit on the back. hopefully it wont handle and jump as piggish anymore. just wanted some ideas/ suggestions for mounting the rezzie and anything else i should think about while it is apart. thanks.

I have to soften the ride of my Wife's '02 warrior... Is this the way to go then? Any other sugestions? One last question, the pivot works swing arm rebuild kit do some difference or it is just to rebuild it to be as from when it was new?
Thanks

how much did it cost you guys to get a rear 660 shock, and you think it'd work on a rappy 350?

i got mine for 102.00 shipped, my stock rear shock is crap,i just bounce on the spring. the swing arm rebuild kit wont make a difference except the improvement over the semi-shot bearings that are in the quad right now, so yeah, just to rebuild it like new. i got the pivot works kit because i plan on replacing all the bearings/bushings on the machine., and its a good kit. im replacing them all because when i got my bike a few of the grease fittings were snapped off, i dont know for how long, and with all the crap that i have put this quad through i figure i may as well do this while it is somewhat taken apart. i plan on tapping the swingarm and installing a grease fitting there too, a few people have recommended that to me. i wish i did it to the bearing carrier when i replaced the axle bearings a few months ago...

another good idea on that carrier thing is a guy i know put the grease fitting in it at the top and a plug on the bottom so that he could pull the plug and pump the grease in and push all the old grease and or any water or nasty stuff that may be in there out

another good idea on that carrier thing is a guy i know put the grease fitting in it at the top and a plug on the bottom so that he could pull the plug and pump the grease in and push all the old grease and or any water or nasty stuff that may be in there out

I don't really see a benefit in that. The grease will get pumped outward through the bearings and out around the seals. There's no reason why you'd need to replace the grease that's in the middle of the carrier, isolated from the elements and remaining unused.

Back