500cc 4 stroke Banshee

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imtarnished

Reaction score
Yes, You read it right. They are testing some prototypes over seas, with 3 different engine/trans combinations, they all are 500 cc twin cyl, but one is a CVT (same cvt/engine combo as in the snowmobile), another is a 6 speed, they didn't list teh 3rd type, maybe a 5 speed?
Some of the estimated hp numbers they were throwing around were based off of different yamaha engine model's with adjusted hp numbers, adjusted to the # of cyl's, following is the info they said about hp #'s: The motor was described as 2 yz250f cylinders side by side, Or 1/2 of a yamaha R1 motor. Intead of 4 cyl's measuring 100cc's you have 2 cyl's measuring 500cc's. The R1 (in street trim) has 175 hp, so the 500 has the capability of producing 85 hp, though it would be more likely that yamaha would limit the power at around 60-70 hp due to safety concerns.

~~All this info was taken from the New Dirtwheels. Tomorrow i'll have pictures available for those on here who would like to read the article.~~
Good Night and Sweet Dreams, The Banshee of old may have had it's time, but the namesake itself May not have been left to rot afterall...
~Bill

I'll bet it will never be put into production. If they did I sure as hell hope they dont use the cvt trans...

60 to 70 HP huh, I don't think yamaha would sell any other quads then. This thing would just destroy every thing they have on 4 wheels. I just can't see this thing making more HP then a Raptor 700, other wize the Raptor won't sell. I could realistically see this thing being detuned to 40 to 45HP. The worst thing they could do is put a CVT trans on this quad. Banshee fans alone are gonna hate that it's a 4 stroke, but to put an auto in it????

They did the same motor combo for the yamaha phazer snowmobile which produced 80hp for last year but for 07 130 hp with turbo kit. I believe like someone said that it's an april fools joke like other years.

yeah i started a thread about the new banshee when i saw the actical like a couple of weeks ago and im pritty sure its fools joke. People said the do it every year with somehing that they photocopy together.

APRIL FOOLS GUYS

omg dirtwheels is so funny.....

Dirthwheels is THE WORST quad magazine out there. I wouldnt take it if they offered it to me for free. Its just terrible, all the reviews and articles are paid off and just wrong.

The 700R is kinda like the newer Banshee. It's double the CC's since it's a 4 stroke to match HP, and they realesed it a year or two in advance before the end of the Banshee. Yamaha must have know about the ban on 2 strokes, so they designed a 4 stroke model. I know, 2's and 4's are nothing alike, but that is the best they could do. it's just my opinion.

They did the same thing with the end of the Warrior. They had the Raptor and Warrior made together for 1 year, then they got rid of the Warrior model.

APRIL FOOLS GUYS

omg dirtwheels is so funny.....

Dirthwheels is THE WORST quad magazine out there. I wouldnt take it if they offered it to me for free. Its just terrible, all the reviews and articles are paid off and just wrong.

Sorry you feel that way. I love that mag. But yeah, I will agree they are a little too friendly to all the gear/rides they test, so I would agree with you about them getting paid off. Still they help expose you to potential mods to do on quads and what would be a good combination.

Latest posts

Back