5-speed warrior??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericzerka24

Reaction score
I just picked up a 97 warrior a couple weeks ago and it for sure only has 5 gears (1 down and 4 up with reverse).

I did a search and a few people claim to have the same but a lot of negative comments about how they don't know what they are talking about.

So, is there something going on with mine or did yamaha actually have a 5-speed warrior?

If it's got the stock warrior engine, it should be 6 speed. Before I bought my warrior (a 99), the guy who had it said that 6th gear went out. He took it to some mechanic and got it fixed. It would be a big job.

are you sure your just not counting 1st gear and only counting 2,3,4,5,6 once you start going?

No I'm positive. I had a couple different people drive it and they all just figured it was a 5-speed. When I bought it, it had a really loose chain and worn sprockets. After changing them out, we bench tested the gears and all 6 were there.

I'm having it looked at right now because it won't start and I'm sick of push starting the damn thing so once it comes back I'll know if that was the problem.

Latest posts

Back