4WD not working

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned96

Reaction score
My 4wd switch went bad and I have replaced it. It was engaging when I held the button in. Now with the new swtich it doesnt do anything. Any idea whats wrong? Is there a fuse or something that may of blown?

sinned96 said:
My 4wd switch went bad and I have replaced it. It was engaging when I held the button in. Now with the new swtich it doesnt do anything. Any idea whats wrong? Is there a fuse or something that may of blown?

i had a similar thing happen, for me it was my fault tho..... but check the plug at the other end where it plugs into the front diff.....i would be willing to bet that is the problem...make sure it is clean and the wires are all making contact...as far as your button, i bet the old one if fine too. i had a little mud get into mine and it would cause the button to not stick on or off... clean and lube that as well....let me know if that helps.. :D

I done cleaned the switch It was just worn out. Im thinking I may of burned out the servo that engages the 4wd. I hope not cause the servo is $300

sinned96 said:
I done cleaned the switch It was just worn out. Im thinking I may of burned out the servo that engages the 4wd. I hope not cause the servo is $300

i find that hard to believe....i would think that would last a heck of a long time..... use a multi meter and test if you have power and if it is being turned on or not when hitting the button.....

Guess I hit that button too many times. It was worn out. It was something to do with the part that holds the button in not holding it in like its supposed to. I took it apart and cleaned it a couple of times. Im thinking the switch may of shorted out or I crossed the contacts while I was playing with it. Because the servo did engage when I held the old button in. But now with the old button or the new one nothing happens. Nothing looks burnt in the old switch at all.

Back