4th gear seized up again??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle713

Reaction score
Ok so a few weeks ago I was going for a ride and I was in 6th gear probably going around 30-40mph and all if the sudden my back tires locked up, so I split the case and it turns out that 4th gear seized up on the shaft, we tried pulling the gear off the shaft but it just snapped the gear, so I bought a used shaft with all the gears on it for 75$ and put it all back together and ran fine. Well I went for another ride today and the same thing happened I'm gonna split the case tonight and see if it was 4th gear again, Which I'm pretty sure that's what happened because it's the same thing that happened, I check the oil, it's fine. If I put it together wrong wouldn't it have messed up when I started it as ran it the first time?? One of my buddy's said maybe it's getting to hot and the gear is welding itself to the shaft, could that be it? Sorry for the long story I just don't wanna this to happen again. I just put the case back together because the gear that holds the front sprocket on the threads stripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody?

Nobody has any idea???

I'll post one when I get home, not much to see jut a gear, if the oil pump was bad wouldn't all the gears seize up, not just the same one twice.

Did you mess with the shafts that the shift forks slide on? Not the dogs or the drum but the shafts. If you failed to put the correct one back into place it will starve the transmission of oil and 4th is the most common to Gaul and sieze.

I have the service manual and looked at that, because there was a shaft with o-rings and a shaft without them and I looked at the book so I would put them in the right place. Also when I drained the oil this last time it was really thin almost like water??

Back