450 w/ Big Bore Starting Issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlstefan

Reaction score
My 06 with big Bore and all that stuff has an issue. It has an Issue starting. You push the button and it may start to turn over but then starts clicking sort of like if the battery was dead but I know that's not the problem. I have put a new battery in a new starter and new starter relay. The battery and starter had to be done, carb leaked fuel on starter, starter seal went shitty and starter had corrosion sand etc. Seemed to be good after I changed starter but by the end of the first ride problem came creeping back. Is it possible that the starter isn't turning over due to increased compression? I doubt that but has any one else found this problem. Now mine has seen it's fair share of water has anyone else that uses theirs as a boat had this happen. I'm lost at this point I've had the battery trickle charging fo about 5 days and it'll try turning over once well then same clicking/buzzing shitting the bed sound. What could it be what else is there? CDI? Has there been any aftermarket CDI's mad yet or are they still draggin Heels. Any help would be greatly appreciated supposed to go for a ride on Wednesday.

Do you have a winch? My winch shorted out and would drain the battery in a couple hours. So maybe something else could be shorting out.

My 06 with big Bore and all that stuff has an issue. It has an Issue starting. You push the button and it may start to turn over but then starts clicking sort of like if the battery was dead but I know that's not the problem. I have put a new battery in a new starter and new starter relay. The battery and starter had to be done, carb leaked fuel on starter, starter seal went shitty and starter had corrosion sand etc. Seemed to be good after I changed starter but by the end of the first ride problem came creeping back. Is it possible that the starter isn't turning over due to increased compression? I doubt that but has any one else found this problem. Now mine has seen it's fair share of water has anyone else that uses theirs as a boat had this happen. I'm lost at this point I've had the battery trickle charging fo about 5 days and it'll try turning over once well then same clicking/buzzing shitting the bed sound. What could it be what else is there? CDI? Has there been any aftermarket CDI's mad yet or are they still draggin Heels. Any help would be greatly appreciated supposed to go for a ride on Wednesday.

mine does the same thing..... it is from the big bore kit and compression...... next time it dont turn over try pushing it in gear and get the piston to move down..... all i can think of doing is put a release valve in the head like they do on some of the harleys....

I'm thinking about changing the stator I've been told that winches can be hard on these....CHEVY68 how do like the locker?

I'm thinking about changing the stator I've been told that winches can be hard on these....CHEVY68 how do like the locker?

loved it when it worked..... but really did not work very long.... cooks the clutch disks easy.i should update my profile i took it out.......i never use the wolverine anymore, should sell it bought a rzr sxs and will never go back....

Latest posts

Back