450 Snorkel

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HotCarl said:
Has anyone tried fitting their machine with a snorkel?

are you asking for the airbox or for the belt drive ? i have looked many times at that airbox and would love to do it...but without it looking really goofy ( at least that is my opinion) it would not be possable..

as far as the belt drive.... i am doing mine this weekend ..about half done now...only really plan on doing the front intake.....i have taken my wolvy swimming with me a couple times. and for me it seems to be the belt drive that takes all the water in...only had water in my airbox once....

i have taken a few pictures and will take more as i am done and post if you like...would love to see others people have done too..

:D

Snorkel

I'm not too concerned how it looks, (can't look any worse than broken fenders and streched plastic ) just worried about drowning the bugger !

I built snorkels for my wolvy last week and tested them out over last weekend. Everything worked great, no problems or leaks. I had water right up to the handlebars with no problem. I used 2" exhaust hose and pvc fittings. I'll post some pic's as soon as I can.

hey i made i home mad snorkel kit that totaly 100% water proof. i can drive into water over my handle bars where you cant see my quade anymore, all you see is the snorkel kit. i stop there at ideal for 2 min to see if it would die and did not so i kept going where i cant touch bottom anymore so i catwalk to gain extra height and made it to over 5 ft deep before the quade fliped on me as it became to light and lost control. if you guys want to see pics email me at [email protected] and then i got your email and will send you pics:) its very easy to do.

I understand what you mean about the plastic (cracked mine on the first ride with a 1/2 " stick). Fully snorkeled mine airbox is tricky

SUBMARINE SNORKLE MAKES A KIT FOR THE 95-05 WOLVERINE NOW FULLY HARD PIPED MY NEIGHBOR HAD THEM USE HIS TO MAKE THE FIRST ONE AND LOOKS AWSOME

Not to sound like i own a cape and tights but I had mine in the river last year, my knees were on the seat and getting wet and the current moved the front end, so i was definitely floating in the front... not a hiccup. No slip in the belt no studdering in the engine (though kept a decent flow through the exhaust) Seems like a good idea 6 beers later on the shore, until it happens and your eyes are as big as dinner plates :shock: and your hands are shaking. Like I said, Information's sake :idea: , its not pride.

Latest posts

Back