450 acting up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy68

Reaction score
ok so here is the chain of events to a crappy running 450 wolverine
for starters a few rides ago it was bogging down big time on a ride. starving for fuel.. so I cleaned out the float bowl and blew out the jets..seemed to have fixed it pretty good. all but at very top end speed it has still popped and sputtered and would not quite hit top speed. but in the trails it seemed ok,

I have used it like this for the past 2 or 3 rides, today near the end of my ride I noticed that the motor was sounding very loud, clanking away and tapping....also noticed it was not very responsive engaging the trans or belt drive, sort of like it was slipping.. so I figured I spun the belt...took off the cover when I got home and it is fine.... belt looks good. all dry inside and no cracks....but still very loud.....

my thoughts have now changed to a bent valve or badly out of adjustment ...... could this also cause top end speed popping and sputtering? just seems funny that it got really bad in a 15 min time period..

Any thoughts and feedback would be great.... thanks .... btw bike has a few minor upgrades like pipe and jet kit, about 1900 km on it now and about 900 since the valve clearance has been checked...it was fine at that point .......

Latest posts

Back