446cc big-bore reliability?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksc

Reaction score
how reliable is the warrior engine boring out the head to that size if I include an oil cooler and a light piston with it?

One you don't bore the head, you bore the cylinder. Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech designed this motor, first thing he does is resleeve the cylinder with a larger stronger one that can be bored more then 2mm it's actually 5mm (87mm), then they bore the lower cases were the sleeve goes in to fit the bigger sleeve into the lower half of the motor. Second he sends your crank out to have the piston pin moved up 5.25mm higher to create a 10.5mm stroker, and thats it now, it needs to be put together like normal. Reliability will depend on your maitinence. You will def need to buy a good oil cooler, if your clutch is shot or on it's way this motor will kill it, I recommend getting the head ported and flowed, and a matched cam and springs for this motor, a good flowing exhaust and intake filter. It's gonna cost.

whoops, sorry about my mistake. how much did it cost you to have this done?

I think a stock bore warrior with good engine mods can beat 400ex's.

Not true, with a web cam, higher compression wiseco, hmf etc and a rolling start a stock 400ex pulled me pretty bad. I realize I did'nt have the head p&p and was'nt running a real high compression but its gona take a lot of work to run up with a 400ex. But anyways 350bo I would sure hope a 446 stroker could outrun an ex, if not theres something bad wrong.

Well jason the guy I raced was'nt a very good rider either, we done a dead stop race and I could beat him because he would wheely it everytime. Anyways, name is chad.

Yeah that sounds about right jason, I've heard z's have around 29-31 hp depending on who you ask. Just last week I drag raced a ex, not the same one that I raced the warrior against. This guy was a good rider but the z handed him his ass over and over along with a 700 polaris ute. This was before I had the exhaust/k&n as well. I was suprised with the polaris though, it tied with the ex about everytime.

Yeah utes are getting pretty quick now a days, I dont plan on lining up against a can am 800 anytime soon.

Damn jason, forgot all about that little pussy. That thing has gota be completely insane, I wana ride one for sure. Wonder how much those beast weigh? Leme go look in my dw's and have a look.

I really have'nt heard much about it, all I know is I was reading dw's and flipped to that page and was like DAMN! lol.

With 950cc's(think thats how much they have) I could believe it, that thing has gota have some massive torque. My question is, when is it gona stop?

950 look crazy, and deadly. I could see some new teen 17-18 years old gettin one for his first atv then **** is going to fly.

Back