40mm Edelbrock carb will it work

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350rider

Reaction score
I have a friend that has one from a old quad.He told me I could have it.Do you think I could change the needle and make it work on warrior?
The warrior has full yoshimura exaust,weisco piston 10to1,light port and polish,web .390 cam,uni filter no lid.Thanks for any help.

350rider said:
I have a friend that has one from a old quad.He told me I could have it.Do you think I could change the needle and make it work on warrior?
The warrior has full yoshimura exaust,weisco piston 10to1,light port and polish,web .390 cam,uni filter no lid.Thanks for any help.

yeah it is a little big but get the jetting on and it should be ok.

Not sure what you mean... what raptor intake, and what are you referring to as the intake? Do you mean will the carb fit a raptor intake manifold, or will a raptor airbox fit the carb?

What did this 40mm edelbrock come off of? A yfz450 or something like that?

It came of a 500 predator.He's going to his shop some time next week to get it.So i'll know more about it then.Thanks for the help.

Well i got it today.I have to order a intake for it.But it looks like it should work.It has 17E needle do you think that will be o.k.

350rider said:
Well i got it today.I have to order a intake for it.But it looks like it should work.It has 17E needle do you think that will be o.k.
I'd try it first, BTW your quad is going to have "0" low end power.

dave76 said:
350rider said:
I'd try it first, BTW your quad is going to have "0" low end power.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. This carbs a little to big for the warrior IMO. The Edelbrock designed for it would make more power. Id take that carb and ebay it, take the money and buy the one made for it. Even if your motor was modded beyond belief i still think you would lose power. Bigger=less velocity=less fuel atomization...not better (in most cases).

36x40mm is like a 38mm. So it should be ok but it will lack a little response and low-end but the mid range and top end will come alive a little more then a regular edel. This carb would work a much better for a stroker.

It's not 36x40 i got that from there website.It's more like 41mm round.I'm going to sell it and get the write one for it.Thanks for the help.If anyone want's it i'll sell it for 50.00 shipped.

Back