400 cc wolverine stroker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_cirkles2000

Reaction score
I have completed an test riden my stroker project. Everything seems to be working very well together. A 400 bb crankshaft fits nicely into the stock case.

That is AMAZING news ! How hard and long of a project was it? Is there anymore parts to pick up besides a bb crankshaft ?

Yea I was thinking of pickin up a 400cc motor. Ive read a few of the other yamaha motors around the same year as our quads will bolt up. But this is interesting too. Please post pics and parts needed if you dont mind.

Awesome, I'd love to see more about this. :)

This would be especially good for riding on the road. You could do the Big Bear 4th and 5th gear and get more top end out of it. We ride a lot on the roads to get from trail to trail when we ride in Ottway (right outside of Portsmouth Ohio) My buddies ride a Sportsman 500, Grizzly 660 and a Yamaha 700. So I have a hard time keeping up with them when wide open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torque and horsepower are great. If you take your time and have the service manual its not to bad. I'm a gm technician thow so that may have helped.
Parts that are a must:
1. big bear 400 crankshaft (of course)
2. cylinder jug
3. Timing chain
4. Timing chain guides
I got my rotating assembly used on ebay and my jug as well. Since the stroke is 7 mm longer you have to to get the longer cylinder, timing chain, and guides(which I didn't think about originally). You also need a flywheel puller. I borrowed mine from a friend that runs atv shop. The warrior carb makes awesome response combined with the pison and pipe. Itcould use the 4th and 5th now but I couldn't find any info on which gears were needig changed for that mod, so I stayed stock on trans. It no longer gets stuck due to lack of wheelspin in sticky deep mud. A person could easily due it in a couple of weekends if they got their parts and had no problems. I kept having to waut on parts I didn't know I would need and that cost me on time.

Torque and horsepower are great. If you take your time and have the service manual its not to bad. I'm a gm technician thow so that may have helped.
Parts that are a must:
1. big bear 400 crankshaft (of course)
2. cylinder jug
3. Timing chain
4. Timing chain guides
I got my rotating assembly used on ebay and my jug as well. Since the stroke is 7 mm longer you have to to get the longer cylinder, timing chain, and guides(which I didn't think about originally). You also need a flywheel puller. I borrowed mine from a friend that runs atv shop. The warrior carb makes awesome response combined with the pison and pipe. Itcould use the 4th and 5th now but I couldn't find any info on which gears were needig changed for that mod, so I stayed stock on trans. It no longer gets stuck due to lack of wheelspin in sticky deep mud. A person could easily due it in a couple of weekends if they got their parts and had no problems. I kept having to waut on parts I didn't know I would need and that cost me on time.

I can use OEM Wolverine Timing Chain and guides?. Why you changed it?

Thanks for the info, it's great

Back