3rd gear slippage

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Searched entire thread for gear slippage and found only one regarding 6th gear but with no resolution. Anywho, anyone ever have this problem; seems like in 3rd gear only when I really rev it starts to "clunk" and miss a bit! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oil is amsoil and at proper level.
Thanks

I have been riding without making any adjustments for over 8 months now and this has suddenly popped up?? Upto now there has been no indication of any problems. When it slips and makes the "clunk" it's usually around half throttle or greater and only third gear. Is that characteristic of a clutch going bad?
Thanks

I don't think that's the clutch. If I had to take a guess, I would say it's probably a shift fork.

ok, i'll take the clutch off tonight and if all looks well I guess I'll pull the engine off the bike and check the tranny. I'll let ya know. Thanks

Sure you're not feeling a tug from a loose chain? I've had the thing come loose a hundred times on me.

Some metal shavings in the oil filter only, not much really. I'll pull the clutch off and check it out today. Ryan M, what was the verdict with your slipping problem? Thanks

well the counter axle was put in back wards causing the case to shave it down and it made a lot of gears not mesh properly and it made them wear down fast.That's why like I was just driving to my little homemade track and the gears would always slip into neutral and then it would go back into gear.

Latest posts

Back