379 Stroker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryobi1

Reaction score
you can buy the plus 7mm crank for 50$ more then the 4mm, wonder if you contacted him if he would let you do that switch up some parts. but that setup is pretty close to the stock ratio of bore vs stroke, fo rhtem to be the same on a 68.5 stroke you would want 84.25, but they dont make em like that lol

powerroll makes a 430 kit for $650 but that would be alot more work sinec it requires your cases to be machined etc.

Last edited:
Exactly my point the ratio is almost spot on witch leads me to believe this would be a very reliable kit that could make good power maybe 35-37? deadlast makes 33 on a 366 so its possible

I've seen that kit before and thought interesting, every other hotrods stroker kit says you need to use there stroker piston.

The only reason I don't like this kit is that I want 12:1 compression

I wouldn't mind 11:1 you can still run pump gass btw vp race fuel is like 6.50 a gallon last time I checked and that's 115 octane

And something I found interesting is that yfz450 has a stroke shorter the the warrior but bore 12 mm longer and if I'm not mistake a engine with a shorter stroke will have more topend power and rev higher then one of similiar size and longer stroke. So when you do a 446 kit and add 9.5 to the stroke it's gonna have that much more low end or more torque then 450 if built properly. Which in my opinion is better not having to rev the piss outa something all the time right? Oh and the 450 stroke was 1 mm shorter

stroker motor

If you warrior is running good leave it alone. I have a lot of experience on stroker big bore warrior motors and I do all my machine work, the +4 hot rod crank big bore kit is pretty reliable but its only giving you 10% more displacement 380cc = 10% more power. now if you have a project build with a bad crank go for it, I just built a hot rods +4mm/68.5mm crank with a +4mm/87mm piston = 410cc +1mm intake valve running about 10.7-1 compression very nice setup, runs very good 4000-8000rpm powerband, the problems I had in the past with big bores are #1heat, air cooled motors and anything over 10-1 compression and you need octane boosters so stay under 10.5-1, #2 racing on the street on my bigger bored 88.5mm +4 stroker motor with 11.5-1 compression motor I cracked the right side crank bearing housing case so thats your weak link and has to be strengthened, so on these bigger motors stay on the dirt and you'll be ok, my next build is to strengthen the cases, a 90.25mm piston with +4mm crank=440cc, +2mm/42mm intake valve, 10.5-1 compression, milder cam to lower powerband 3000-7000rpm, so ill see what breaks this time.

HOLLY HELL WERE DID YOU GET 4MM BIG BORE PISTONS???? THAT'S .160 OVER!!!!! AND A + 2 INTAKE VALVE!?!?!?!?!?

were ever you get this stuff from can you get biger exhaust valves????

there is no such thing as +2mm valves for the warrior/wolvorine/moto 4 engine

HOLLY HELL WERE DID YOU GET 4MM BIG BORE PISTONS???? THAT'S .160 OVER!!!!! AND A + 2 INTAKE VALVE!?!?!?!?!?

were ever you get this stuff from can you get biger exhaust valves????

He melts down popcans and forges himself? Lol but you should be able to get bigger exhaust valves since the intake an exhaust are the same right?

Back