350 raptor case repair

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatherofthree13

Reaction score
I have a 2005 yamaha raptor 350 that has a hole in the case from the chain coming off. I attached a picture. My question is how easy is it to fix? I have a lower end with good cases that I was going to use for a warrior rolling chassis I have. I just don't know if I should use the cases I have to repair hole on raptor or have it welded?
EtGmY

I would personally get it welded. I know some people even cover similar holes with JB weld putty, and it seems to work, but I wouldn't use that method myself. It all really depends on how much work/time you want to put into fixing it.

Ok. So my next question is this, can I split the case leaving everything in the right side? I have split the cases on a polaris trailblazer so I have experience per se. I am just curious as to how involved of a process it is to pull left side case off?

It's all personal preference but I know several guys, including myself , that have used jb weld and had no problems with it. Splitting cases to fix that just seems like a lot of work for nothing to me. Degrease the area real well, let it dry and jb weld it. My neighbor used jb weld on a bigger hole in his case over 6 years ago and it is still holding up just fine. My trans case on my scrambler broke out a piece the size of a half dollar when my chain snapped and i used jb stick as a quick fix, 3 years ago, and it works just fine and doesn't leak so I haven't changed the case on it yet. Do what you want but pulling the engine and splitting the case is a lot of work. Good luck bud.

i would say your answer lies in whether or not you want to rebuild your motor. personally if i was going through the hassle of taking the left side case off, i would be rebuilding the top end too. you'll have probably $300 into doing all of that.

Latest posts

Back