3+1 or 2+1

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast4urass2005

Reaction score
IM stuck should i get wicked 3+1 a-arms or 2+1 id like the 3 +1 but i ride tight trails so much im not sure.Anyone on here have some 3+1 a-arms if so give me your thought's please..also I really want the front wider than the back looks better to me anyone here go with that kind of set up Im also getting a +4 axle not sure on what brand yet? :D

I think I already said this before, but I would go with the +3's if I had a chance to do it over. I also do a lot of tight trails and technical riding. It's just an extra inch on each side, so it's not a big difference.

WHAT SHOCK'S would you recomend for the front for a 230# person?something with a not so high price im going to be ordering the a-arms and shocks and axle all within the next 3 weeks..cant wait tired of riding narrow...

i would say go with the fox float shocks. you have a lot of ajustment with them, and i think there about $600.

Just the bottom line works at steeler w/o reservoirs are great shocks for the money. If you want to spend a little more you can get the elka rec series shocks for about $450 and they're probably a little better.

When you order aftermarket shocks (unless you order something off-the-shelf like rockymountain sells) you pick your riding style, rider weight, and what a-arms you have. So as long as you give them accurate info they should be perfect for you. Works also has a guarantee that if you don't like the way the shocks are set up, like if they would be too soft, you can send them back within the first 30 or 60 days, and they'll make the necessary adjustments, re-springing, re-valving etc to correct the problem.

Oh, and for an aftermarket axle, get an RPM Dominator. They're only a little more expensive than durablues, and are a stronger axle with a better reputation.

Look one post above in the specs post. Stock Warrior/Raptors come in right around 43" wide, give or take a little. most XC racers shoot for a 46" width. +2" are going to put you right about there, while +3s are gonna be pushing you 2-2.5 inches over that width. This is what's considered the "best" width for XC racing because it's the best mixture of handling and being able to fit thru the tight stuff. I'd stick to the +2 if you plan to do a lot of tight technical riding. Even with my Raptor at +2 all around, I'd somtimes have a really hard time squeezing thru trees while out riding.

Between my +2's and offset wheels i'm the same width as if I were running +3's. I don't know where all these measurements come from, but I think i'm still only at about 45-46 inches with this setup because the rear door of my van opens up to about 47 between the hinges and latch, and I can ride the warrior right into it. It's definitely not too wide that I have trouble fitting through any trails either.

Somebody on this site should measure their stock Warrior/Rappy to see how accurate those numbers are. I've ran into some really tight spots with the +2s that I'd have never made it thru being an additional 2" wider. Overall it was ok though, just wouldn't want to be any wider than that.

Back