20's or 22's

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkid23

Reaction score
On my warrior its time for tire replacement and I was wondering if I should stick with 22's or go to 20's. I do mostly trail riding and the warrior will be mostly stock with a white bros exhaust.

Im looking at the tire size 20x11x9 on stockers.

My KFX 700 came with 22s on the rear. It always felt like it was gonna roll over and was extremely hard to control in tight twisty sections. I went down to 20s on the rear and the difference was night and day. Flat cornering, good powerslides, and I was able to keep up with my sport quad buddies. The 22s were only nice in deep mud and straight rough slow sections. I wouldnt do it unless you get stuck alot and dont like to corner fast.

i had 22 XCT's on my warrior they hooked great they just looked retartly huge on the warrior tho, they were great for ground clearence and mud and most trail ridding which is why i loved them but like stated above the cornering was a beat weak. I now run 20's on my yfz and its much better sure i have to be a bit more carefull when ripping throught the trails not to hit rocks and what not but it handles better too. Its all up to you and depends what the trail you ride are like you'll be happy either way

warriorkid23 said:
On my warrior its time for tire replacement and I was wondering if I should stick with 22's or go to 20's. I do mostly trail riding and the warrior will be mostly stock with a white bros exhaust.

Im looking at the tire size 20x11x9 on stockers.

Depends on what kind of riding you want to do.

Rough terrain, or highly technical terrain, use the 22's. Better ground clearance, and better protection for the rim. Theyre less likely to break a bead as well.

Flatter terrain, MX style, basic trail riding - the 20's will give you a little better handling. They tend to be lighter as well, so a slight (and I do mean slight) improvement in performance.

Yea I will be mostly riding on non rocky terrain just some trails through the woods and my buddy has a membership at tower city. I just don't like the balloon tire look in the back.

I have razr2 22's on mine and like them. You do have to sit on the inside peg if you want to take a corner farily fast (but a warrior is not the best handling machine anyways), but I also have mine in water around the bottom of the seat fairly often and in some super ruff stuff.

You will loose some top end with the smaller tire, but they do handle alot better, I ended up going with 20" holeshot xcr's on my warrior and put a 15 tooth front sproket on the front (2 sizes bigger) to compensate for the loss in top end.

fkt13 said:
You will loose some top end with the smaller tire, but they do handle alot better

That depends a lot on the tire though... You could have a really sloppy 20" tire, and a better made/designed 22" tire will handle better.

For example - A Dunlop 20" tire vs. a Maxxis Razr 22" tire.... Not hard to figure out which tire is going to perform better all-around.

I was out riding around in the yard with the new tires and damn what a difference. The 20's are so much better. :eek:

Latest posts

Back