2008 Hondas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Honda really disappointed me this year. They said they 400ex was going through a total makeover, all it got is pointy, unfinished looking plastic. Same motor and chassis only with shitty looking plastic. It doesnt look too bad in white, but i still like the older ones a lot better.......

trx400ex_large_02.jpg

trx400ex_rr34_r8.jpg

Then the new 700xx............ All i have to say for this thing is that its the uglyest quad I've ever seen. They put IRS on it, which was a huge mistake. The front plastic goes all the way down to the front bumper. It's also real heavy, 100 pounds heavier than the Raptor 700 and Outlaw 525, which should've been the main competition for this Honda but i think either one of those bikes will blow this one out of the water. it looks a whole lot better in black but its still real ugly.

TRX700xx_black.jpg

trx700xx_51.jpg

And then they made the Big Red Side X Side. I don't have any pictures of it now, but trust me, its ugly.

Overall, I think that this is Honda's ugliest lineup yet. What do you guys think?

Yea seen them on zcentral yesterday and was like damn, wtf. The 400ex is a has been and I'm hoping that 700 performs a hell of a lot better than it looks.

Just a note about the weight of the 700, it is listed at curb weight. All fluids for the coolant, oil, and a full tank of gas which will deffinatley make it seem a lot heavier than the raptor 700 which is listed at dry weight.

That 700 looks like it is closer to the Kawasaki V-Force (700) or whatever they call it anymore. Looks ugly but it may perform really well. I agree about the 400ex though. Personally I thought the old bug eyed look was the best.

They both look like ******* grama ASS!!! Im so pissed!! They didnt even change the shocks on the 400ex like they said they were going too!! The 700 is all ******* plastic..I give the 700 two years before its gone!!

They both look like ******* grama ASS!!! Im so pissed!! They didnt even change the shocks on the 400ex like they said they were going too!! The 700 is all ******* plastic..I give the 700 two years before its gone!!

Thats an aweful big assumption when you have no idea how it performs. Could blow the fenders off a 700 rappy or the 700 kawi, but you never know until someone actually rides one and knows how it performs compared to others. I have no f-ing idea why they put that big plastic piece that connects to the bumper, just taking that off would improve the looks a lot.

Yes the 700 is ugly and heavy but Honda doesn't make junk. We'll have to see if they have something up their sleeve.

I have seen the new 400's in person, and these pictures do not do them justice. The new frame colors, plastics, and decals are really nice. The 700xx is ugly in the pics, but I need to see one in person to make up my mind. As for the front plastic, if you look close it looks like it has the same setup as the arctic cat dvx's, where you can just unbolt the outer parts. The new side by side has the biggest engine out of all the side by sides, but it has ugly front plastics. It has a 675cc fuel injected engine, AT tranny with 3 selectable drive modes

no, the RAZR and the new kawi 750 have the biggest motors out of the side x sides. if they used the rincon motor in the big red then its gonna be way underpowered compared to the rest, considering the rincon is already underpowered compared to all the other bikes in its class.

I think the new 700xx looks kinda like a 450r with extended front plastics and irs, i think if you cut the front fenders and took out the grill thing it wouldnt look to horrible. It is a bit heavy though.

no, the RAZR and the new kawi 750 have the biggest motors out of the side x sides. if they used the rincon motor in the big red then its gonna be way underpowered compared to the rest, considering the rincon is already underpowered compared to all the other bikes in its class.

I have not seen or heard of the 750 kawi, but the RAZR is not in the same class as these other side by sides. The RAZR is not intended to be a work horse, it is a sport version meant for play only. I admit that the polaris RAZR does have a bigger engine, but it still is in a different class. Now is that new Kawi gas or diesel? I know they have diesels in some of there mules that are around the 950cc but yet they are also in a different class. You are talking about the mule right, not the brute force?

no dude im talking about the Kawasaki Teryx 750, its new for 08 and its gas

kawasaki2008teryx7504x4sidebysidere.jpg

if you want to read more about it then heres the link http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/kawasaki2008teryx7504x4sidebyside.html

oh and im pretty sure that Arctic Cat bumped the Prowler's displacment up to 695cc for 2008 so theres another bigger one.

Ok now Kawasaki has my vote for the nicest looking side by side.
I was unaware of the others bumping up the displacements on there engines. Guess Honda is still behind as always. Never been a honda or Kawi fan but I cant wait to check the new Kawi out.

have u read up about hondas 700 they are coming out with? here you go, read up and enjoy

TRX700XX is truly the new Sport ATV "King of the Hill."

Unique Features:

* All-new 686cc SOHC liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-valve single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
* Double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with tuned sway-bar.
* Centered chain final drive system.
* In-gear starting in Forward or easy-to-use Reverse.
* Piggy-back rear shocks with adjustable pre-load.
* Dual-spring front shocks with adjustable pre-load.
* 11-inch diameter rear rims with removable mud scrapers.
* Radical new-style bodywork.
* Available colors are Metallic Black / Silver and Metallic Black / Red.

Engine/Drivetrain

* 686cc SOHC, four-stroke engine generates the highest peak output in its class.
* Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power and long engine life.
* PGM fuel injection system with 44mm throttle body for excellent cold weather starting, lower maintainance and consistent performance at high altitudes (seeTechnology Section).
* Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth, comfortable all-day riding.
* Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
* Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
* CD ignition with electronic advance.
* USDA-qualified stainless steel muffler/spark arrester for quiet operation and maximum power.
* Heavy-duty clutch stands up to sport-ATV demands.
* High-efficiency dry-sump lubrication system features large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
* Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse has components and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
* Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design

Chassis/Suspension

* Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers featuring dual single-rate springs that allow a lighter, more compact package with 9.36 inches of fully useable travel.
* Independent double-wishbone rear suspension, made possible by the innovative centered chain drive system - features steel upper and aluminum lower A-arms. Using piggy-back reservoir shocks, the system provides 10.6 inches of fully useable travel.
* Steel frame with removable sub-frame is extremely durable and strong.
* Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and weight savings.
* Special, large-diameter 11-inch aluminum rear wheels allow for ideal CV joint angles and A-arm lengths, resulting in superior power delivery, optimum suspension action and improved durability.
* Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
* Durable, heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
* Easy-to-use dual snail-cam eccentric chain adjusters

have u read up about hondas 700 they are coming out with? here you go, read up and enjoy

Unique Features:

* All-new 686cc SOHC liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-valve single-cylinder four-stroke engine.

Engine/Drivetrain

* 686cc SOHC, four-stroke engine generates the highest peak output in its class.
* Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power and long engine life.
* PGM fuel injection system with 44mm throttle body for excellent cold weather starting, lower maintainance and consistent performance at high altitudes (seeTechnology Section).
* Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth, comfortable all-day riding.
* USDA-qualified stainless steel muffler/spark arrester for quiet operation and maximum power.
* High-efficiency dry-sump lubrication system features large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
* Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse has components and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
* Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design

Chassis/Suspension

* Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers featuring dual single-rate springs that allow a lighter, more compact package with 9.36 inches of fully useable travel.
* Independent double-wishbone rear suspension, made possible by the innovative centered chain drive system - features steel upper and aluminum lower A-arms. Using piggy-back reservoir shocks, the system provides 10.6 inches of fully useable travel.
* Special, large-diameter 11-inch aluminum rear wheels allow for ideal CV joint angles and A-arm lengths, resulting in superior power delivery, optimum suspension action and improved durability.
* Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.

That looks like a feature sheet that you would find on honda's website. That doesn't say ****. Well OK, it's useful if you want specs that are twisted in honda's favour. You can't make a comparison using those specs. Wait until a 3rd party reviews it, then we'll see if it's better.

Anyone notice that the 400ex's new plastic kinda looks like the YFZ's sorta. It uses angular lines and pointed fenders. Still using that ugly ass lighting system though. Replace it with some trailtechs and it might look alright. Dunno, the 400 is growing on me, but I agree that the 700 looks ugly as sin. Still want to find out it if performs well though.

[quote:f7j8k3e7]have u read up about hondas 700 they are coming out with? here you go, read up and enjoy

Unique Features:

Engine/Drivetrain

Chassis/Suspension

That looks like a feature sheet that you would find on honda's website. That doesn't say ****. Well OK, it's useful if you want specs that are twisted in honda's favour. You can't make a comparison using those specs. Wait until a 3rd party reviews it, then we'll see if it's better.[/quote:f7j8k3e7]

i didnt realise that ugly thing up there was the 700, and yes it is hondas sheet, nobody was comparing anything, i was just putting it up so people can see the info on it

Latest posts

Back